Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber will not pay begin/end trip mistake!

4K views 41 replies 14 participants last post by  Uber-man 
#1 ·
I forgot to press begin trip until the very end. So it was £7 rather than £35 or so, emailed uber and aint having it. They wont charge customer for adjustments on "human" error. Absolutely appalled! :(
Font Rectangle Line Screenshot Parallel

See less See more
#5 ·
I forgot to press begin trip until the very end. So it was £7 rather than £35 or so, emailed uber and aint having it. They wont charge customer for adjustments on "human" error. Absolutely appalled! :( View attachment 11639
Next time email uber and explain that u pressed begin trip and u had network issues and the trip did not begin until u got to the drop address , also explain that u asked the customer to leave ur vehicle and the customer did not want to leave or rebook, they will then pay u the correct amount

#10 ·
In your case its an established technical error, I gave all details of this trip. They wont adjust pay as it is a "human" error! Damn apps, as convinient as they are....its not driver friendly. But what really gets me is why would it be a bother to customers if re-adjust the charge justly?!? What kind of bullshit mannerism is that?

#8 ·
Shit at least one a day I don't start the trip, half the time no cell service, almost half the time APP screws up and on occasion I'm busy gabbing and forget to start the trip. They can see when you accepted the trip and where the pick up was. BTW UBER always paid properly.

#12 ·
I done it once but luckily was only a minimum fare trip.

I've now got into the habit of, as soon as the rider gets in I press start trip then confirm where they are going, as you can't see until you press start trip. Also you can't even enter a destination in the app until you start the trip (however you could before the update)

Also even if the passenger hasn't put the destination in and I know where to go, I will still put it in because I don't want the rider complaining to uber saying that they didn't go there etc. I also ask them to change the destination if there is more than one drop, I think this is the safest way.

Long story short, always make sure the destination is entered into uber. This way you can rest assure that you have started the trip.

#16 ·
Also if you don't have any cell service and can't start the trip then tell the rider and do not physically start the trip. Maybe try restarting mobile data (it won't cancel the trip)

If this doesn't work then personally I would tell the rider you cannot take them, as far as I'm aware if you don't have a trip then you are not covered by insurance. However I'm not fully aware of this

#17 ·
Also if you don't have any cell service and can't start the trip then tell the rider and do not physically start the trip. Maybe try restarting mobile data (it won't cancel the trip)

If this doesn't work then personally I would tell the rider you cannot take them, as far as I'm aware if you don't have a trip then you are not covered by insurance. However I'm not fully aware of this
If u have accepted a job then ur are on a job and are covered . It will also show up somewhere on ubers system that u accepted this job, don't forget that some jobs that Get cancelled straight away by the rider still shows up on our dashboards

#26 ·
Well its all a bit late now ,but all of you should have refused to work for these poxy Minicab companies ,got off your arses and done the knowledge,
Then WE all could have still had a fantastic standard of living for a blue collar type Job,thats what you should have done ...but a Kellogs box was the easy option wasnt it.

Pingoman ,your allright mate ,just telling you how I feel.

#34 ·
I'm fairly sure in that last email, you were being told they'll adjust the fare.
The Google translator is a little better with Tagalog than the Philipina CSR is with English.

Kindest, or Best,
or whatever they tell them to say in the Philippines' CSR class.

#42 ·
Email them again from the beginning , go on the trip history and do didn't begin or end trip correctly and then write in that u had network issues and u couldn't start the trip and u asked the passenger to rebook another car but the passenger didn't want to leave ur car, u didn't want to get into a confrontation with the customer so u carried on the trip hoping the network issue would be sorted but it didn't get sorted till u got to the drop address, then put in the pick up and drop address and the route u took. Do this again and hopefully someone else will read the email and not look back at the previous email, I really think u should do this and I think it will work because they do not check previous emails unless it's got the same ref .
Hi dubs, I think I will let this one go. But if something like this happens again in future, I would know what to expect for being honest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.