Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An article http://indianexpress.com/article/te...out-upfront-fare-in-the-us-and-india-2872955/ stating that :
According to PTI, the upfront payment feature is available in six cities - New York City, Miami, San Diego, Philadelphia, Seattle and New Jersey. But it plans to roll out features for users globally over the next few months.
It is my understanding that you guys already working without surge and that you have "Upfront rates". In LA we don't have it yet ...we have "Metal promotions" up to x 2 times regular rate....How you guys doing with this Upfront BS .Can anybody explain how it works ?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Can anybody explain how it works ?
For all we know Uber can give a rider an estimate of $ 15.00 - Rider accepts - Uber gives driver a Pay out of $ 5.00 and keeps $ 10.00

What is going on in San Diego Uber is beyond a disgrace. Most rides are $ 5.00 or below ... No surge of any kind even in the most crowded areas and during special events.

It is virtually impossible to make any money anymore driving UberX.

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
For all we know Uber can give a rider an estimate of $ 15.00 - Rider accepts - Uber gives driver a Pay out of $ 5.00 and keeps $ 10.00

What is going on in San Diego Uber is beyond a disgrace. Most rides are $ 5.00 or below ... No surge of any kind even in the most crowded areas and during special events.

Check your pool rides, got underpaid by half on two of them. Mileage was double when I googled it. Spent over an hour emailing uber and got reimbursed on one of them so far.

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Check your pool rides, got underpaid by half on two of them. Mileage was double when I googled it. Spent over an hour emailing uber and got reimbursed on one of them so far.
Update on my pool debacle, got paid by uber for all underpaid pools last week. Only issue was with connecting pools, private car pools were paid correctly. Unreal that uber mileage was half than my google maps mileage that I sent them. I made some good coin off those rides after adjustment. Too bad I'm not taking anymore as well as splash zone rides.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Update on my pool debacle, got paid by uber for all underpaid pools last week. Only issue was with connecting pools, private car pools were paid correctly. Unreal that uber mileage was half than my google maps mileage that I sent them. I made some good coin off those rides after adjustment. Too bad I'm not taking anymore as well as splash zone rides.
Did you use their gps data or did you log it yourself using a 3rd party device? I never thought to calculate my pay on trips. What made you think to investigate?

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
The distance that pool rides overlap between passengers doesn't get counted twice. Only once. Is that the difference you're referring to?

We're paid variable per minute/mile on poo, irrespective of the number of passengers. Basically, if two pax had the same pickup/dropoff points you're only getting paid for one of them at 1/mi and .13/min. The only time poo pays more is when the difference between pax 1/2+ means a significant increase in trip distance picking up and/or dropping off.

I checked some of my matched poos and didn't see any miscalculations when calculated with respect to total trip distance.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Ya you are a right friend! For this issues we have to talk with uber in order to raise the daily wages for their drivers who are working for the development of uber.

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
The distance that pool rides overlap between passengers doesn't get counted twice. Only once. Is that the difference you're referring to?

We're paid variable per minute/mile on poo, irrespective of the number of passengers. Basically, if two pax had the same pickup/dropoff points you're only getting paid for one of them at 1/mi and .13/min. The only time poo pays more is when the difference between pax 1/2+ means a significant increase in trip distance picking up and/or dropping off.

I checked some of my matched poos and didn't see any miscalculations when calculated with respect to total trip distance.
I know that Lyft line is combined distance, it is one ride net revenue payment. But uber is two seperate rides, I never saw them describe that both customers routes were not seperate distances for net revenue. They get paid for the seperate distance routes. That is why they are defaulting to pool. I'm no longer taking second pool customer. They get paid double and we get paid for one customer if second is in the car, unacceptable. I did get paid for both from CSR on all trips by the way. Thanks for your info, that's why I don't take Lyft second customer on line.

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Did you use their gps data or did you log it yourself using a 3rd party device? I never thought to calculate my pay on trips. What made you think to investigate?
I had some long pool trips with two seperate customers in the car and was paid half of the distance. I googled mapped all my pools with two customers and they were all short on distance. Another driver here said they only pay for total route distance, not seperate distance for each customer. The customers pay uber for their trip distance, but we get paid for combined distance. This is why uber defaults to pool, they rip us off and make a killing off the product. I got paid by CSR on all my trips, but am avoiding matches pools now on.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I had some long pool trips with two seperate customers in the car and was paid half of the distance. I googled mapped all my pools with two customers and they were all short on distance. Another driver here said they only pay for total route distance, not seperate distance for each customer. The customers pay uber for their trip distance, but we get paid for combined distance. This is why uber defaults to pool, they rip us off and make a killing off the product. I got paid by CSR on all my trips, but am avoiding matches pools now on.
I'll reword my question. How did you get the data for the ride? Did you pull it from Uber's website after you logged into your account? After you got the Gps data what software did you use to recreate the route you took. You said you used Google maps but at what point?

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
I'll reword my question. How did you get the data for the ride? Did you pull it from Uber's website after you logged into your account? After you got the Gps data what software did you use to recreate the route you took. You said you used Google maps but at what point?
Google mapped both pool rides and it was double the pool distance. Looks like uber is doing what Lyft line is, continuous route payment.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Yup friend its only once. And uber will consider only the number of mile/minute we are travelling and they won't consider the number of passengers that we are taking for a ride.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
I know that Lyft line is combined distance, it is one ride net revenue payment. But uber is two seperate rides, I never saw them describe that both customers routes were not seperate distances for net revenue. They get paid for the seperate distance routes. That is why they are defaulting to pool. I'm no longer taking second pool customer. They get paid double and we get paid for one customer if second is in the car, unacceptable. I did get paid for both from CSR on all trips by the way. Thanks for your info, that's why I don't take Lyft second customer on line.
Uber's idiocy goes both ways, but usually against you . In your instance I think the CSR ignorance got your fares adjusted, either they didn't know how Poo actually calculates or they didn't care.

Poo is per minute/mile irrespective of number of pax. Yes, Uber gets paid twice on matched poos. That's all the outrage about it

If Poo paid 1x per pax a full car would be a 4x (assuming no 2 pax groups). No driver would complain about that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts