Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
When I started driving for Uber in late 2014 they had the lease to own option I lease to own of a 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid se, I predict they're going to bring this lease to own program back in some form or another for the Tesla, mark my words.

It may not be for the tesla, since the Tesla rental is actually a Hertz thing in cooperation with Uber.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
When I started driving for Uber in late 2014 they had the lease to own option I lease to own of a 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid se, I predict they're going to bring this lease to own program back in some form or another for the Tesla, mark my words.

It may not be for the tesla, since the Tesla rental is actually a Hertz thing in cooperation with Uber.
I'm stating this not because I guess think it, I'm saying this because of a phone interview I had with Uber about 2 months ago can't really talk much about the interview, but I can say there was some things asked of me about driving a Tesla they gave me the impression that they might offer something, the interviewer would neither confirm or deny my assumption,

I was being interviewed for some type of podcast they were going to do, and they were going to have me as a guest, they were going to send me an email for the link to be in the podcast but I never received the email so I guess they changed their mind about including me or maybe they never did the podcast I don't know.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Uber will be out of business way before that.
Uber taking 70%+ of fares, means billions of $$ in revenue highly unlikely to go bankrupt in my opinion. Only Taiwan had the balls to neuter their behavior. Taxi fares and uber fares are not that much apart in Taiwan.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Uber taking 70%+ of fares, means billions of $$ in revenue highly unlikely to go bankrupt in my opinion. Only Taiwan had the balls to neuter their behavior. Taxi fares and uber fares are not that much apart in Taiwan.
I don't know why people think because the corporations reports no profits that they're going to go out of business, everybody who works there still gets a salary a paycheck and bonuses, not making a profit is to the investors and shareholders.

And when a company Report with their on course to make x amount of dollars, but in the end they only make a lower estimate, they report that as a freaking lost, can you and I do that can we say we're going to make $200,000 but we only make $150,000 and turn around and say we lost $50,000 and we're going bankrupt no we can't friends and family would laugh at you, but businesses do.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
First off this headline isn't entirely correct.

If one watches the original interview, "No" new ICE vehicles will be allowed in 2030 but of course grandfathered in ones will be. Also Dara said further "...if we do our jobs correctly" which gives an out and also hints that something is in the works. Likely trying to trap unsuspecting Uber drivers into buying Tesla's, the absolute worst EV to Uber with.

The thing is, drivers are finding out to make money doing Uber, one doesn't buy into too much vehicle, as a mere accident or a bunch of tickets will end the love affair.

$20,000 vehicles is what MIT suggests the most we should spend, if one wants to make a profit on Uber. In fact they do t suggest people Uber for a living at all.

So this article title is not correct and designed to scare potential new drivers off the platform before they even started.

Most people doing Uber, paying a mere $7-10 an hour after costs (lots of those) can't afford to buy $60,000-$100,000 vehicles.

So what I see happening is Uber trapping drivers into a loan which drivers will be forced to take trips to get out of the loan.

The left wing media has their puppet in office and playing everyone like they are actually going to save the planet.

The fact is nothing is stopping human population growth and green efforts are only delaying the eventual.

It's would be nice to go back to farms and green fields again, hug trees and bugger deer in the woods, but let's face reality, it's more like more war is coming.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Most people doing Uber, paying a mere $7-10 an hour after costs
After cost, you mean like the after cost after you add like,

your cell phone bill that you would already have ubering or not,

Your car insurance that you would already have ubering or not, yes maybe a few dollars more because you add the rideshare endorsement,

Your car washes you would do ubering or not, I paid $32 a month unlimited car washes would have that ubering or not,

I don't have a problem with all of the numbers associated with the cost of doing uber, what I have a problem is when I see all these calculations they seem to assume your car expense would be zero if you didn't Uber it's not freaking zero.

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
5,130 Posts
It's the grid, stupid.

Reactions: comitatus1

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
5,130 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Toyota Corolla
7,897 Posts

You can bet your bottom dollar uber isnt spending a nickle on these rentals. They have bamboozled hertz into leasing these cars out at im sure while be a financial loss. Meanwhile Volvo is working on very expensive electric while self driving is about as likely as a legion of winged monkeys flying out of my butt
The only way uber will have a chance of doing that is if electric can go 500 miles on a charge, self driving technology actually works and toyota can produce them full outfitted for $50,000. Meanwhile we all have a job to do.
Anything else is a steaming pile of horseshit ..

1 - 20 of 55 Posts