Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
"The company said it would reduce the number of insurance companies drivers can use in the UK, to help prevent fraud."

I don't like the sound of that...

Reactions: chi1cabby

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Hate to point out.

But if you have a quick skim of the article he was not a new driver.

But rather had been there a while and deleted his Ins Cert and uploaded the dodgy one.

But since the policy was always in force he never picked up a passenger without Insurance..

And it was all planned to cause as much bad PR as possible as why would any PH Op check your insurance before the policy was due to expire?

And the rumours of Uber driver cancelling their H&R and driving on normal Insurance is unlikely to be only happening at Uber, if it actually is atall.

I hope the driver has good legal backing.

And that goes for everybody else involved in this bollocks.

Uber may indeed sail close to the wind and some say don't act in the spirit of the law of are incorporated in Holland to save tax.

But lets remember one FACT.

That is LEGAL.

What this group of people have done is almost certainly NOT.

I have every sympathy for the driver.

Whenever less than legal tactics are involved you need a patsy.

And which Operator will give this driver a job?

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
"The company said it would reduce the number of insurance companies drivers can use in the UK, to help prevent fraud."

I don't like the sound of that...
And this is the rub.

The idiots that thought this crap up are going to negatively affect every Uber driver in the UK.

Thats a lot of enemies to make.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Just what I was noting. This can't happen in the U.S. because of a common insurance registry for police and regulatory use in this country. Posting an article from London was exactly the point. Just a waste of our time.

You live in the U.S., you seem to have a jones for Uber.
It is a stretch even for you to use an English online newspaper article on this forum.

I have seen you call out other users on this forum. No reason to be nasty.
Actually no reason for non-Uber drivers to post here at all.

I give you a negativity rating of 9 out of 10.

Even Uber drivers don't think much of cabbies, and that is saying something.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No reason to be nasty.
For sake of continued civility, I'll just ask you to point out where was I being "Nasty" in my post to you?
Posting an article from London was exactly the point. Just a waste of our time.
Once again, this article is posted in London sub forum. It's of interest to London Drivers.
Actually no reason for non-Uber drivers to post here at all.
I give you a negativity rating of 9 out of 10.

uberpeople.net is open to all with an interest in the issues involved.
The question of my presence on the forum was settled long before you joined.
Should I Stay or Should I Go?

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
991 Posts
It's well known that ******* journalists will always try to make headlines no matter what and will use their imagination to comit fraud in order to expose fraud.
Your point is? Yes, I think anyone that has ever paid attention to any news ever understands this. Still, Uber got caught with someone cheating the system and still made a silly absolute statement.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Uber under investigation for failing to spot Photoshopped driver insurance documents
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/uber-under...otoshopped-driver-insurance-documents-1506119

This uberpeople.net thread is linked in this article, with post by UberLuxbod:

Drivers posting on the UberPeople website are unhappy about this change. One said: "The idiots that thought [the whistle-blowing] up are going to negatively affect every Uber driver in the UK. That's a lot of enemies to make."
And they never even paid me for that inciteful comment.

Bloody journos

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Your point is? Yes, I think anyone that has ever paid attention to any news ever understands this. Still, Uber got caught with someone cheating the system and still made a silly absolute statement.
Has ever any ph office checekd your insurance by calling a insurance provider? Or just brief look at your ins paper sent by ins provider???
I'm not defending them, but there's nothing wrong with their statement. Just like any other big Ltd saying what they're doing.
Loophole is documents upload system.
When you sign up they ask you to provide original docs and staff there has little or no training at all.
And how would you recognise insurance paper these day and distinguish original from fake?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Is there really anyone questioning the fact that Uber will let practically anybody drive for them? They don't care about the passengers either. When are they going to start doing background checks on passengers? What exactly does that $1 per ride "safe driver fee" shakedown do for its' drivers except rip them off? That meth head that beat on his girlfriend in my backseat last weekend didn't feel like a safe passenger to me!

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Is there really anyone questioning the fact that Uber will let practically anybody drive for them? They don't care about the passengers either. When are they going to start doing background checks on passengers? What exactly does that $1 per ride "safe driver fee" shakedown do for its' drivers except rip them off? That meth head that beat on his girlfriend in my backseat last weekend didn't feel like a safe passenger to me!
We don't have the $1 safe driver fee as all London drivers are fully licensed Private Hire drivers with fully inspected and licensed PH Vehicles.

Not just randoms off the street with a car and a driving licence.

Hence our proper Hire and Reward Insurance means no such measures are required.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts