Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually just glance through the Uber weekly summary report to see the 'nice comments' left by riders that Uber bothers to share...
but this week, something else caught my eye:

FARES/HR
Last Week
------------------------------------------------
Top Drivers: $23

What made me raise en eyebrow, was just how low that number is... for the TOP DRIVERS in my market.

Assuming 2 trips per hour, that means gross fares of just $21/hr after the SRF -
and earnings of only $16.30/hr (after Uber Fees - assuming avg comm. of 22.5%)...
Before expenses.
That's for the 'TOP DRIVERS' in the market.

And that's not attractive.

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Top Drivers' Fares/Hr" likely represents weekend late night surge Drivers' Fares/Hr
The 'weekly summary' report indicates the 'hot' hours... of course most are indeed weekend evenings/nights... but not all. And unfortunately, Uber does NOT share in that report what hours those 'top' drivers worked.
(Interestingly, SherpaShare DOES show that info in their 'city metrics' screen - but that only represents maybe 10-15% of the drivers in this market)

For that same period, my fares were $19/hr and I don't work the late night or bar crowds -
and I'm pretty confident (but not certain) my tips received are higher than those 'top drivers'.

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As you can see from the graphic in the report, I only drove 4 of the 'busy' hours in my market...

the overwhelming majority of the hours I drove (or more accurately, was 'app-on') were between 2P and 10P.
(For many of those hours I was working in my office with the 'app-on'... available for a 'ping' - but not just sitting around in my car waiting for a ride request)

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It needs to be pointed out that "Top Drivers" is not a static metric.
What that means is that "Top Drivers" in Hours Worked is not the same group of Drivers in "Top Drivers" in Fares/Hour etc.
How do we know that 'top drivers' is not 'driver's with the highest weekly fares' - or some metric combining the two (fares/hr)?

Reactions: negeorgia

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not sure...
If I were tasked with the job of creating that email,
I think that the 'top drivers' in each of categories would be based on the #s for that specific category,
and the 'tip drivers' in a different category might be the same, overlap, or be completely different.
hehe... then again, since I would be trying to encourage and praise drivers, if I designed the report,
it wouldn't show performance metrics against 'top drivers' -
it would show your performance against 'bottom drivers'! ;)

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think that in the report they average everything out, meaning the high end of the average payment for drivers who drove the average amount of time, otherwise my per hour should be amongst the highest
I agree and think that's the point...
your $41/hr is far above the 'average' for 'top drivers'...
while my $19/hr is well below that average.

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Sep 30, 10:27
Hi Uber Folk –
Quick question:
In the section “Your Week In Review” (below)
it says “TOP DRIVERS” earned $23/hr in fares.
Can you tell me exactly how ‘top drivers’ are defined?
Is that the ‘top fare producing’ drivers for the week?
Or is that the drivers who drove the most hours?
Or the drivers who had the riders per hour driven?
Or some combination of the above?

------------------------ uber reply ------------------

Sep 30, 10:41
Hi Michael,
Thanks for reaching out about top rated drivers. Happy to explain.
Actually it is a combination of all. Ratings, comments, etc. This is actually an indication that you are on of the top 1%, 5%, 10% in the entire city.

Reactions: chi1cabby

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool. As Woody Allen once said; I'd never want to be part of any group that actually accepted me anyways.....
... Woody was quoting Groucho Marx. :)

·
24,236 Posts
Cool. As Woody Allen once said; I'd never want to be part of any group that actually accepted me anyways.....
That is a paraphrase of...................

... Woody was quoting Groucho Marx. :)
Never mind, someone beat me to it. I was asleep then. Did not Groucho say something to the effect of "I would never join a club that would have me as a member"? I forget, now, and am too lazy to GOOGLE it.

I notice the "top driver" statistics as well, and, agree that the figures are pretty sad. If those figures go for the "top" drivers, consider what the "average" driver is running. I do not pay too much attention to the "top drivers" hours on line, acceptance rates or passenger ratings, but the hourly earning figures do interest me. Unless I am feeling unusually lazy that day, my earnings are at or above what they claim for their "top drivers". This applies only to UberX, mind you. For my Uber Taxi report card, I do not pay too much attention to the hourly earnings figures, as I have other sources of customers for the cab. The hourly earnings on the Uber Taxi Report Card show only an average of what I receive from Uber users, not the whole picture.

You r CSR reply looks like another non-answer,

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You r CSR reply looks like another non-answer,
It was more than I was expecting.
And it seems reasonable until you realize they said that 'comments' are included in the figuring of 'top drivers'
- I'd love to know how they convert text'comments' (like "best ryde evva") into metrix data for 'rating' purposes.
I suppose it could be positive vs negative comments, but still...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts