Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the weekly newsletter. Wondering if people get different opt-in guarantee numbers for their e-mails.

I got Saturdays $21-25 10pm-3am.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, last week it was Fri/Sat, now it's just Sat.

Surge hasn't hit much the past couple of Fridays. Wondering if that's why they took off the guarantee for it...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
That's one of the few times they haven't had Friday guarantees.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I don't think I can drive any lower...fearing a MSP rate cut right now after Texas and Georgia

·
Registered
326 Posts
I hear you. I guess their goal is minimum wage drivers. What a joke. 18 an hour is pretty close to min wage, right? $14.4 - gas, depreciation and insurance...might be lower than min wage.
Yeah, last week it was Fri/Sat, now it's just Sat.

Surge hasn't hit much the past couple of Fridays. Wondering if that's why they took off the guarantee for it...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I think they stop it when most people get paid instead of beating it

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh well, just means that I can be a bit more choosey over the rides during surge and not worry about acceptance rate during guarantees

·
Registered
326 Posts
That's your choice, but I don't think it's wise to wait around for surge pings. You could be passing up a good fare and not even get a surge ride. They tend to disappear very quickly due to so many drivers chasing and riders learning that if they wait, normal rates will return shortly.

·
Registered
326 Posts
So...this was the first "opt-in" Saturday night where I didn't make more than the guarantee. It seemed like there was a thousand cars on the rode. Did anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, i had the same issue on Friday/Saturdays. Too many cars wherever I went. I'm just glad I was under the guarantee.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts