Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber been sending these text messages to a lot of drivers. I guess this is there way of fighting back cancelations or the skipping game as we call it. Let me know if anyone else get this text. Only the drivers who wana make more money and play the skipping game will get this texts not the new drivers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the way I also get these text messages every week to. Uber is super confused they don't know how to deAl with this problem, little do they know it's right under there nose insteD of 1.00$ mile make it 150$ that will solve a lot of these stupid self causing problems they bring on themselves

[UBER] Martin, Congratulations! You are among the Top 5% of drivers with the highest acceptance rate in the past week. The Uber community appreciates you very much!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know someone that was interviewing for a job for uber. He went through 4 different stages. He said the real reason rates are low is to make sure they have enough drivers for the weekend.

If the rates were high enough to make enough in a 5 day week, alot of drivers would take the weekend off. Who wants to drive around drunk people all night when you could be that drunk person being driven around.

Not sure how true it is, but makes sense

·
Registered
632 Posts
I know someone that was interviewing for a job for uber. He went through 4 different stages. He said the real reason rates are low is to make sure they have enough drivers for the weekend.

If the rates were high enough to make enough in a 5 day week, alot of drivers would take the weekend off. Who wants to drive around drunk people all night when you could be that drunk person being driven around.

Not sure how true it is, but makes sense
Doesn't make sense to me. If rates were at least $2 per mile, I'd be more readily available throughout the week and be happy to work on weekends with only a 2x surge. I would also pick up pax that were more than 1 mile away from me. In other words, I wouldn't waste so much damn time cherry picking.

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
SCREWBER, my records indicate that you have permitted riders to request my services from locations in excess of 15 minutes travel to many from 25 minutes to over an hour. Please opt me out of trips in excess of 12 minutes as UBERs cancelation policy and distance/time traveled with an empty car make these trips NON-profitable.

I also understand the needs for these people to get quality UBER ride so I WILL GLADLY travel to pick the up with a guarantee of a $1.00 per minute traveled. Screwber rate cuts have cut margins so thin drivers just can't drive with empty cars.

OH and take pool and it's 35% discount and shove it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've received the same text. The funny thing is, when I look at my Driver partner app not one cancellation showed up.

I guess they still can see the cancels? which is basically stupid because I am not picking up somebody 10 minutes away. Sorry, but the cost and the return does not justify it.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ay do u guys have to double tap or click on links and other. Buttons or icons on this site for action to be done . I gota double click everything on this site it's annoying. Is that just me or I can fix that in my setting thanks for any feedback

1 - 20 of 55 Posts