Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I just received the same message. And I'm about tired of them sending them to me! Talking about how refusing NY trips creates a bad experience for riders, when the only folks that get the sh$t end of the stick is drivers!

I too slowed down in excepting trips to the city, especially since they lowered the rates, and disabled my instant pay. I don't have ezpass nor do I care to have one. And I can't afford to come out of pocket 10 times a day for a fare that at the most I'll get paid 30 bucks after it's all said and done.

Uber's rediculouse to expect partners to drive into the city for peanuts, accumulate dead miles on the way back, front toll, and sit in traffic Not cool at all. It's definitely time to find another hustle.

·
Registered
364 Posts
This is the txt I send out to all my riders now, "Not accepting trips to New York City, so if it is, please cancel. Thanks!".

Most of them reply saying it's to so and so. I've had one NYC ride this month and it's because they thought the previous driver sent that txt because he canceled on them. Haven't gotten that txt yet.

·
Registered
492 Posts
This is the txt I send out to all my riders now, "Not accepting trips to New York City, so if it is, please cancel. Thanks!".

Most of them reply saying it's to so and so. I've had one NYC ride this month and it's because they thought the previous driver sent that txt because he canceled on them. Haven't gotten that txt yet.
I posted a thread about the NYC trips a while back some time last year ..I can safely say I rejected over 100 trips by using text ..calling and some pulling up to pax address and find out trip to NYC oops can't do it if they are not willing to cancel I'll cancel and move on I have yet to receive such message ...I have been sending text since January of 2016 and never received a message from Uber.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for accepting New York trips I really appreciate your dedication on taking pax into New York ... Your doing us all a favor those $20 on tolls are great Uber on.
Not sure where the sarcasm comes from especially if you have no clue where i drive, what hours i work and how i go about my business. My dedication is for my family so keep your appreciation to yourself. Don't get it twisted...

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
I posted a thread about the NYC trips a while back some time last year ..I can safely say I rejected over 100 trips by using text ..calling and some pulling up to pax address and find out trip to NYC oops can't do it if they are not willing to cancel I'll cancel and move on I have yet to receive such message ...I have been sending text since January of 2016 and never received a message from Uber.
But you have to take them or else you'll go to uber hell! You'll have to drive smelly, entitled passengers for free, for eternity!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is patently untrue. JFK can be a money loser, yes. But central NJ to Manhattan, especially from the shore? No way.
I didn't mean to speak generally, I work in north jersey (Essex Hudson and Passaic mostly) so for me ANY trip into NYC except maybe very later at night into Manhattan is not profitable for me, I can do many shorter trips inside of where I usually work. Because it is closer to the city I also get a lot more calls to go there than I think others in different parts of NJ. Also, regardless you still don't know exactly where you're going in the city until you slide start so it's literally a crapshoot every time

1 - 20 of 50 Posts