Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Festival is this?

Hi , we recommend driving in SF for the big festival in just 2 days! You could earn up to $40/hr in gross fares for driving on Uber during peak times in SF this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Rider demand will start as early as 11AM and stay high throughout Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. Can't wait to see you earning more in SF this weekend!

·
Registered
279 Posts
There is a $40/hour guarantee this weekend for certain hours.
I wouldn't drive down from sacto just for that. These events usually cause mad traffic and aren't worth driving since we get paid per mile.
I know where I will be this weekend and if won't be in sf...

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a $40/hour guarantee this weekend for certain hours.
I wouldn't drive down from sacto just for that. These events usually cause mad traffic and aren't worth driving since we get paid per mile.
I know where I will be this weekend and if won't be in sf...
But you have to be invited to get the guarantee, right? I'm coming down Friday for personal reasons anyway.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I assume you need to be invited....
You could always email and ask for one, worst they do is say no....
Guarantee is 3 or 4 hours on fri/sat/sun if I remember right.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It won't be worth it to come just for the 2-3 hours every day they're offering it. Peeps will be puking, traffic will be horrible...you're better off at the airport while the rest of the peeps chasing the guarantee in the boundary area are going in circles.

Oh and to answer OP's question, I believe it's the Outside Lands concert series in Golden Gate Park.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Take it from me. You can't make $32 hour at SFO. Let's see how close Uber comes to paying me $1,500 fot 55 hours this week. I'm expecting them to pay me $900 for 30 hours in SF. Worked 25 already this week. Going to accept 100% of pings and have phone on 10 hours straight 4-2am fri-sun
2015-08-07 01.51.17.jpg

350 Posts
Take it from me. You can't make $32 hour at SFO. Let's see how close Uber comes to paying me $1,500 fot 55 hours this week. I'm expecting them to pay me $900 for 30 hours in SF. Worked 25 already this week. Going to accept 100% of pings and have phone on 10 hours straight 4-2am fri-sun View attachment 11235
Dude you don't have to tell me, but how are you getting such a high per trip average?? I think I average about 12 per trip.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Dude you don't have to tell me, but how are you getting such a high per trip average?? I think I average about 12 per trip.
I posted a comment over 6 months ago the only way to combat Uber's lowering of fares is to monitor your total average trip closely. The data I have accumulated from a year and half of driving has allowed me to have a lifetime average close to $20 trip with nearly 4,000 trips. Following the rules of this guarantee I will have an average fare of $8 but will drive 1/2 the miles earning 75% of guarantee. I'm at 18 fares and $148 in 7 hours now.

·
Registered
973 Posts
2015-08-08 06.48.47.jpg
2015-08-08 06.48.47.jpg
End 1st 10hr period. Accepted every ping. Never turned phone off. Had to cancel 1. It was the 3rd pool request after I dropped off the 2nd yes the original 2 pax were still in the car. 3rd request put in the wrong location when I finally found him his friend was passed out in the gutter on Geary St. Heres the numbers after 26 fares 13 from 6-12. And 13 from 12-4

·
Registered
279 Posts
I guess there must be different guarantee periods...
The email I got said $40/ hour from 9pm to midnight on friday and sat and 9pm-11pm sunday...
So a total of 8hours if all hours are worked.

Your $20 per ride average is impressive, especially in SF.
I maintain a $15-$18 per ride average (2 years+few thousand trips) but rarely drive in SF anymore due to lots of $5-$10 rides and too many drivers...

How has the traffic been at outside lands?

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whatever you do don't drive down Fulton
I drove down Fulton.

I did my bit for Uber. Two rides one Fri and one Sat to Outside Lands at Golden Gate Park. But I did heed your advice and get off Fulton about 25th and go down a block and dropped off my 1.6x (from Pacific $20 net) on 30th. As I headed to the Bay Bridge I got to enjoy the view from Alamo Park back toward City Hall. Stunning. And a few of the Bay. I know it is just wallpaper to you SF drivers, but seeing the beauty of SF, bay to breakers, just made my heart sing.

I only did 6 rides total as I breezed in and out of SF but 3 were surge. I don't get all the whining I hear. I was in the Mission at lunchtime, surrounded each block by 7 cars, and still it was 1.5x and I was getting pinged all the time. Turned down the 5* and the 4.7* and under.

And I got my last fare by zipping back toward Van Ness from the Park to the 1.6x surge. Dumb luck I guess. Paid for my gas round trip from Sacto to Palo Alto and a nice lunch in Davis on the way back. I wish I had a Prius.

·
Registered
508 Posts
View attachment 11272 View attachment 11272 End 1st 10hr period. Accepted every ping. Never turned phone off. Had to cancel 1. It was the 3rd pool request after I dropped off the 2nd yes the original 2 pax were still in the car. 3rd request put in the wrong location when I finally found him his friend was passed out in the gutter on Geary St. Heres the numbers after 26 fares 13 from 6-12. And 13 from 12-4
Are you able to see surge? Heard it got to 4.0x tonight at GG park. Unfortunately I saw NO surge all night. Even tried signing in and out. Oh I saw yellow around the park and Richmond district around 12:30am when everything was said and done....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Are you able to see surge? Heard it got to 4.0x tonight at GG park. Unfortunately I saw NO surge all night. Even tried signing in and out. Oh I saw yellow around the park and Richmond district around 12:30am when everything was said and done....
Glad it worked out for you Burbs, did were you visiting the peninsula for friends/family?

For the surge, on the Android app, there's an issue in the last update or two that broke the surge map/colors. I've signed in/out, updated, uninstalled/reinstalled, etc, still nada.
Most of the time for me it is white. It's ok on iPhone/iPad AFAIK.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Glad it worked out for you Burbs, did were you visiting the peninsula for friends/family?

For the surge, on the Android app, there's an issue in the last update or two that broke the surge map/colors. I've signed in/out, updated, uninstalled/reinstalled, etc, still nada.
Most of the time for me it is white. It's ok on iPhone/iPad AFAIK.
Android user here. That makes sense.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts