Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this in the Uber opportunities section. You would have to be an idiot to take any of these. 11 drop offs what looks like 30+ miles and 2+ hours minimum to do. Are they joking that someone would do this for $30???? If it was $30 a drop off I would even sign on to do it. But $30 total? Please tell me there aren’t idiots who accept these!
World Map Slope Line Font

Black Font Screenshot Electronic device Darkness

·
Premium Member
8,483 Posts
Uber has officially adopted the DoorDash model. If I wanted to do these I would still do Cornershop. If they force this on all UberEats drivers I will stop delivering food since I need high acceptance rate for Uber Pro status.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Black Font Screenshot Technology Darkness
Didn’t think they could get worse till I looked again now. Even lower pay I mean they aren’t even $3 per delivery. What is the Uber eats base? I did 2 eats to finish a promo in 3 years. So I have 0 clue.

·
Premium Member
5,780 Posts
I’ve looked at these before and then it says “sorry this ride isn’t available anymore” so someone is taking these

The only thing is, that total doesn’t include potential tips. As far as I know these are made through Walmart+ and the PAX have up to 24 hours to leave a tip. So 24 hours after you drop off, a tip will show up. IF they tipped.

I’ve done a few of them. Most were done due to me trying to finish a quest quickly and the distance wasn’t very far. Another one was during a consecutive trip bonus. Out of the 4 I did, one tipped $2 and another one surprisingly tipped me $10

The problem is if you try doing these in the afternoons the wal marts take forever to find your order and load it in your car. From what I’ve heard from people who do these regularly, It’s best and fastest to do these early in the morning. They get your order out and loaded much faster since most people seem to order groceries later on in the day

BUT let’s say it was Thursday/Sunday and you were getting tired and you just want to finish your quest and go home. You need 5, and Uber sends you a multiple offer. It might be a good idea to take it. Again it depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

I’ve had weeks where I drive 9 hours on Sundays and some weeks where I need just 10 Ubers and I’m too tired to drive all day so I just shoot for hitting the quest and then going home for the day. In the latter situation, it might make sense to take a multiple wal mart offer to speed things up.
But then again Uber eats does seem to have a decent amount of double food offers on the weekends and it’s possible to easily do 4 or 5 shorties on Eats in just one hour

·
Premium Member
5,780 Posts
Did each stop count as a ride or separate delivery ... I could see it have cake with high paying quests, 80 for 400+ etc
It does. I’ve gotten one request as high as 13 stops one time. Wish I would’ve screenshot it. But if I completed it, it would’ve counted as 13 trips towards the quest.

If quests were worth $5 per trip it might have been considered but with trips now worth $1-$3 only not a chance

·
Premium Member
2,845 Posts
It does. I’ve gotten one request as high as 13 stops one time. Wish I would’ve screenshot it. But if I completed it, it would’ve counted as 13 trips towards the quest.

If quests were worth $5 per trip it might have been considered but with trips now worth $1-$3 only not a chance
Agreed.

All in, for the 11 stop above, it's about 3 hours of your time - including the half hour you need to be waiting online beforehand, but not including long delays because there's a gate but no code, etc

With the top quests right now being just over $3/ for about 80 trips or deliveries, that's still only about $63 or $21/hr for that run.

If you can't do that without bonuses doing X, you need to hang it up.

But I get it, there are tons of folks with cars that don't even qualify for doing X. So they're stuck and Uber knows this.

Of course, as with the rest of Ubering, tips can make or break your shift. I wonder what a full time delivery person sees over time in tips.

·
Registered
430 Posts
So, I don't know if you guys are aware of this because some of you guys don't even know about my existence in this community. However, if you do a search for my tag name - Sin City Angel - you'll see that I did a post on something called the Walmart Spark app which I initially was making fun of because of the videos that came with it. Walmart has an app that pays you directly to do deliveries for them. Uber is like a middleman taking money from you for doing these ridiculously long trips with a million drop offs. If you sign up for the spark app, these little $5, $4 trips will suddenly become $12 or more to do the exact same thing. They are here out in Vegas. Check it out.

·
Premium Member
2,845 Posts
So, I don't know if you guys are aware of this because some of you guys don't even know about my existence in this community. However, if you do a search for my tag name - Sin City Angel - you'll see that I did a post on something called the Walmart Spark app which I initially was making fun of because of the videos that came with it. Walmart has an app that pays you directly to do deliveries for them. Uber is like a middleman taking money from you for doing these ridiculously long trips with a million drop offs. If you sign up for the spark app, these little $5, $4 trips will suddenly become $12 or more to do the exact same thing. They are here out in Vegas. Check it out.
Unfortunately, and this may have changed, but I saw somewhere that Vegas was full. Don't know if they have a wait-list.

If they do, and you're stuck doing deliveries, this makes sense.

If you're gonna deliver, why do the same job for less?

Dump the middleman.

·
Registered
430 Posts
When I first signed up, they said that Vegas was full and then two weeks later they let me in. I began to notice that the offers were not lower than $9. Granted as I cleared the "bonus" face, the number started to look a little bit closer to what Uber was doing however the bundles paid a lot more than what Uber was offering. I don't know about you guys but running up and down somebody's steers who lives at the third floor with no elevator with a gang of cases of water and cases of soda for under five bucks was starting to mess with my self image

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I first signed up, they said that Vegas was full and then two weeks later they let me in. I began to notice that the offers were not lower than $9. Granted as I cleared the "bonus" face, the number started to look a little bit closer to what Uber was doing however the bundles paid a lot more than what Uber was offering. I don't know about you guys but running up and down somebody's steers who lives at the third floor with no elevator with a gang of cases of water and cases of soda for under five bucks was starting to mess with my self image
Last year I started with UE. After 2 months of dropping off food, I started to receive Walmart orders. I would get several small orders, 90 minute drive time for $80. The grocery drop offers were $20, then went down to $15, then $12, then $9, then down to $5 for the same type drop off. It was July and the beginning of August and HOT (117). I did my last 3rd floor full on grocery/water drop off while the husband and wife customer watched me climb those stairs 4 times. No tip. I was just turning 65. Shortly after that, I started Uber driver. That was the last straw with those walmart orders.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts