Uber Drivers Forum banner

Which company has been sending you more rides lately?

• Lyft

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Uber

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • About the same

Votes: 5 17.2%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my situation, I've seen a marked large increase in Lyft requests and a steep decline in Uber requests over the past few weeks. For the first time ever, my Lyft fares have accounted for 70% of my ride share income for this week (March 18th to 25th). It also appears that Lyft is no longer only the bottom feeder pax although there are still a lot of short rides. I wonder if the IPO announcement has gotten them new passengers?

What have been your observations?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Last weekend, St. Patty’s, I noticed a lot of Lyft in the core dt. Outside in the boonies (Tottenham) it was all Uber.

Overal, definitely an upswing on Lyft and I say this with no bias, as I have both apps running, and only shut one off when I get a request on the other.

Friday night, Lyft one. Yesterday was Uber in terms of $$$, but in terms of rides, it was almost evenly split (Uber-10, Lyft-8)

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
I mean, Lyft has been sending me more requests this weekend, but they are all ridiculously far away. Uber has been sending me more requests within the distance I am willing to drive to pick up.

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
I only drive for uber, do you think I should continue my pending application I started months ago? I want to add more saturation to the lyft community lol

Thoughts?

IMG_FBFBB75274AA-1.jpeg

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Is it possible that once uber finds out you are also driving for Lyft then they punish you with less pings?
No, they only punish the veterans, as the pings are given to the new ants to keep them motivated and driving. And, it also gives them a false sense of earnings, so that they continue to drive even when times are slow. LOL.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts