Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving for Uber part time and was looking to get a new car. Not for uber but for personal use. Anyone ever use the discount from Uber on purchasing a new vehicle? It states that "All discounts applied to invoice or lowest negotiated price at the dealer to new, unused, and unlicensed vehicles." I was thinking that if I was able to negotiate a lower price and then spring this up on the salesperson if they would honor this discount. Any one have experience using it? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why wouldn't you just buy a car used?
Used car price vs the discounted new car price is not much difference. maybe couple thousand. so i could go with a new 2015 vs an older 2011-2012 with 50K+ miles. I think I'd rather go with the new car. New car prices have been slashed. Dealers are getting ready for the 2016 cars.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Used car price vs the discounted new car price is not much difference. maybe couple thousand. so i could go with a new 2015 vs an older 2011-2012 with 50K+ miles. I think I'd rather go with the new car. New car prices have been slashed. Dealers are getting ready for the 2016 cars.
I say that mainly because you're going to be putting A LOT of miles and depending on the vehicle would make less of a difference like you said
What kind of car do you plan to get

·
Registered
735 Posts
But that's a choice. If everybody did the same thing, it wouldn't work. Just make sure you consider the alternatives and chose what works for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts