Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a driver for uber over 2yrs now and in the course of those years I notice that if you drive around with no pickup they turn your app off. Today I set my destination for my home from the airport which is about 25-30mins away I didnt get a rider going that direction. I know you may miss other rides if not going in that direction. But didnt even make it to my house. I looked to see if the app was still up. They turned it off. And on top of that they took one of my destinations and I was 7 miles away from my house. One other time I was driving and i dropped off a passenger and i was riding around for about 30 mins I went to look and noticed
They had turned my app off...if we are suppose to be self employed as they call it we should be able to drive for an hours with out being turned off. Pure sneaky BS.
I'll tell you this the OTHER (pinky) ride share company does not do that and they dont turn your app off before you get to your destination..... Has this happen to anyone else? If so call the 800 number and
complain if they get enough as they told me over the phone they will look into it. Yea ok
Then they give you some BS answer well it could be the app...I told them I do everything you tell us to do. UNINSTALL REINSTALL, TURN PH OFF TURN IT BACK ON, UPDATE APP...GRRRRR!! PINKY IS LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER...

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
I have been a driver for uber over 2yrs now and in the course of those years I notice that if you drive around with no pickup they turn your app off. Today I set my destination for my home from the airport which is about 25-30mins away I didnt get a rider going that direction. I know you may miss other rides if not going in that direction. But didnt even make it to my house. I looked to see if the app was still up. They turned it off. And on top of that they took one of my destinations and I was 7 miles away from my house. One other time I was driving and i dropped off a passenger and i was riding around for about 30 mins I went to look and noticed
They had turned my app off...if we are suppose to be self employed as they call it we should be able to drive for an hours with out being turned off. Pure sneaky BS.
I'll tell you this the OTHER (pinky) ride share company does not do that and they dont turn your app off before you get to your destination..... Has this happen to anyone else? If so call the 800 number and
complain if they get enough as they told me over the phone they will look into it. Yea ok
Then they give you some BS answer well it could be the app...I told them I do everything you tell us to do. UNINSTALL REINSTALL, TURN PH OFF TURN IT BACK ON, UPDATE APP...GRRRRR!! PINKY IS LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER...
"Pinky" would turn off your DF after 15 minutes, whether or not you got a ride.

And, yeah, Uber will push a pop-up asking if you want to stay online. If Uber is running in the background, it may or may not show on top of whatever app you have in front of it. Some apps are more Uber-friendly than others.

Gotta keep checking your app.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Pinky" would turn off your DF after 15 minutes, whether or not you got a ride.

And, yeah, Uber will push a pop-up asking if you want to stay online. If Uber is running in the background, it may or may not show on top of whatever app you have in front of it. Some apps are more Uber-friendly than others.

Gotta keep checking your app.
I keep my app up front because it actually guides me around..lol! Instead of blindly driving around. It's happened to me other times with Uber and of course they sent a computer generated memo...about turning app off, uninstall and reinstall app turn off phone fix settings so before I give feedback I do all of it..but that's UBER...never had problems with Lyft at all...

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
They have turned my app on several times after I turned it off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.