Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Incidentally, Uber must be doing a ratings protection program or they are selectively intervening.
‘I got falling accused of saying discriminating things and had an exchange about dashcams and the issue at hand with customer service. I doubt the complainant was a 4*. Somebody kept a certain 1* from me for the moment.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Incidentally, Uber must be doing a ratings protection program or they are selectively intervening.
‘I got falling accused of saying discriminating things and had an exchange about dashcams and the issue at hand with customer service. I doubt the complainant was a 4*. Somebody kept a certain 1* from me for the moment.
I was at a steady 4.97 for a while and dropped to 4.95 just this past week, got two 1*s and a 2*. I’m guessing the usual entitlement ‘didn’t pull up to feet’: ‘didn’t allow access to front seat.’

CTBs do create quite a strain between earnings and one’s better judgment concerning ratings. That’s probably when I took the hits.

I was getting the impression that people would be kinder with fewer drivers on the road. Wrong in my case. Welcome back to club Blue btw!

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
View attachment 599933 I threw AR and CR considerations out the window and didn’t take a trip I didn’t like.
I didn’t chase CTB’ s and I’ve kept quests on the lower end for ease of achieving. Tips are up and here is the impact on my rating (yes, meaningless, but somehow it works for me) View attachment 599934
Congrats!
Status are truly meaningless unless having a better status mean better rate and shorter pickups. It's all distraction Uber and Lyft put in place to have their slave mindlessly pickup crappiest rides.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Anyone who drives in a market right now where huge surge is plentiful but scheduled trips are rampant is a fool for maintaining 85% AR.
Surge has been prohibited by law in MA for over a year. We should finally see some when they lift the state of emergency here. If they go back to the usual spotty $2-5 and not a blood red map, Uber passengers will continue to have the super long wait times.

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
I think passengers are more likely to go into sticker shock when they see insane prices like the snowmagedden days....

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Dropping my diamond status resulted in a large increase in fares for me. Mainly because the majority of low profitability rides that I was then able to refuse were those that were farther away. When covid was full blown, rides were often far away. This meant I had to take lots of crappy rides to keep diamond.

Not having diamond has had no discernable negative effect on my revenue except when I had diamond, the ride information helped if the ride was a long way away, but was a long ride that would be worth it. Otherwise, there's no difference in what rides I take or not.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
The Uber ratings system is essentially meaningless. They don't give you better rides for having a higher rating. They don't pay you more per mile for having better ratings. It's just another psychological ploy Uber uses to make you debase yourself for pennies every mile. Uber Pro is even more worthless in that regard. Telling me the trip length and direction is a waste of my time if I have to accept 85% of the crap pings they're sending me.

Keeping dead miles and dead time down is the best approach to this gig. More passenger-miles-per-hour is the only way to increase revenue and the chance for getting tips. Trying to suck up to Uber and their entitled paxholes is the road to ruin.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
This meant I had to take lots of crappy rides to keep diamond.
In 2019, before all this COVID crap happened, I had a brief stint on Uber Pro with the trip details. It kinda happened by accident, when I had an unusually long run of decent stacked pings. My AR% shot up to 85 as a result, so I tried an experiment for a couple weeks with my Uber Pro status.

It was basically a disaster. There was no way to keep my AR at 85% and keep my dead miles in check. Playing by Uber's rules set me up for failure. After two weeks of running this Fool's Errand, I pulled the plug and went back to my rules. Making better dollars-per-mile is way more important to me than having access to utterly useless information.

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
In 2019, before all this COVID crap happened, I had a brief stint on Uber Pro with the trip details. It kinda happened by accident, when I had an unusually long run of decent stacked pings. My AR% shot up to 85 as a result, so I tried an experiment for a couple weeks with my Uber Pro status.

It was basically a disaster. There was no way to keep my AR at 85% and keep my dead miles in check. Playing by Uber's rules set me up for failure. After two weeks of running this Fool's Errand, I pulled the plug and went back to my rules. Making better dollars-per-mile is way more important to me than having access to utterly useless information.
Yep and the other Pro "perks" aren't that valuable.

I like to see uber at least give one point per long pickup that goes toward the current bonus. An extra point for each trip over 20-30 min would be nice also. If you are sort of part time and end up doing a lot of long trips the bonus amount that is worth a decent amount is hard to hit. Especially if you are doing some Lyft and door dash.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts