Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
There are already several companies doing this.

Ever hear of the Post Office? UPS? FEDEX?

Reactions: Optimus Uber

·
Registered
133 Posts
Two people familiar with the rollout say it will start in New York City and include among its partnerships some flashy, luxury brands whose flagship stores are usually found on or around Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. Partnerships with retailers in San Francisco will be announced at the same time or soon after, another source said. It's not clear which specific retailers and brands will be included in the initial launch.

I do not know anything about driving in New York City, but I can tell you that you will have a difficult time in San Francisco looking for parking around the Union Square shopping area or at Stonestown Mall during the weekend, park your car, go to the partner retailer (Neiman Marcus, Macys, Nordstroms, etc), pick up the customer paid items and then attempt to deliver said items to the customer, assuming you can find parking next to or near the customer's house or apartment building. As with delivering food (PostMates, UberEats, Door Dash, Caviar) or laundry (Rinse, Washio), you have the problem of apartment complexes with gates which require security codes or lobbies which require security codes for entry.

I guarantee you that I make $18-40 fares per hour before Uber commission which is always better than $4-6 per delivery. Unlike driving passengers, when you deliver anything, you have to park your car (if you can find legal parking), go to the merchant, wait in line, pick up the merchandise, go back to your car, drive to customer, and hope to find a legal parking space to attempt to deliver items. Look up any of the contractor delivery programs such as PostMate, Caviar, DoorDash, Rinse, or Washio on Glassdoor.com and you can read about the negative reviews. Be sure to sort the reviews by date to read the newest reviews.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Two people familiar with the rollout say it will start in New York City and include among its partnerships some flashy, luxury brands whose flagship stores are usually found on or around Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. Partnerships with retailers in San Francisco will be announced at the same time or soon after, another source said. It's not clear which specific retailers and brands will be included in the initial launch.

I do not know anything about driving in New York City, but I can tell you that you will have a difficult time in San Francisco looking for parking around the Union Square shopping area or at Stonestown Mall during the weekend, park your car, go to the partner retailer (Neiman Marcus, Macys, Nordstroms, etc), pick up the customer paid items and then attempt to deliver said items to the customer, assuming you can find parking next to or near the customer's house or apartment building. As with delivering food (PostMates, UberEats, Door Dash, Caviar) or laundry (Rinse, Washio), you have the problem of apartment complexes with gates which require security codes or lobbies which require security codes for entry.

I guarantee you that I make $18-40 fares per hour before Uber commission which is always better than $4-6 per delivery. Unlike driving passengers, when you deliver anything, you have to park your car (if you can find legal parking), go to the merchant, wait in line, pick up the merchandise, go back to your car, drive to customer, and hope to find a legal parking space to attempt to deliver items. Look up any of the contractor delivery programs such as PostMate, Caviar, DoorDash, Rinse, or Washio on Glassdoor.com and you can read about the negative reviews. Be sure to sort the reviews by date to read the newest reviews.
^^^
Whose responsible for accurately placing the pin?
JK

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
At least a motorcycle would be slightly easier to park in a congested city.

Reactions: Uber-Doober

·
Premium Member
8,039 Posts
There are already several companies doing this.
Ever hear of the Post Office? UPS? FEDEX?
I know they do on-demand pick-ups, but do any of those companies do "ON DEMAND" deliveries?
I thought they were all scheduled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts