Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I hope they understand that even 10+ mph over the speed limit can be dangerously slow at times here.
As far as touching the phone, it's a fact of life. It's irresponsible not to look for a better route. Then there's the whole pool thing...

·
Premium Member
60,411 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Hopefully they understand, if you try and do te speed limit on the expressway here....it's suicide. Though I might do it just watch the pax freak out lol, then let's see what uber has to say lol.
I actually warn people from out of town of the situation so they don't get upset. Just make sure you don't tailgate or change lanes to much. Troopers don't pull over the fastest car, they pull over the most dangerous.

·
Super Moderator
15,760 Posts
Months ago( I drive New Orleans)
I was in town to sign up for Lyft.
Had the Uber app. Off.

I get a text from Uber
" since you're in town driving around anyway,just as soon turn the app. On and make some money."

So ,they knew I was in town,and driving around.

I did turn the app. On after my meeting with my Lyft mentor.
Ubers app is always on in the background wether you have the drivers app on or off. Same deal with the pax app.

·
Super Moderator
15,760 Posts
Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Premium Member
60,411 Posts
I hope they understand that even 10+ mph over the speed limit can be dangerously slow at times here.
As far as touching the phone, it's a fact of life. It's irresponsible not to look for a better route. Then there's the whole pool thing...
Stacked pings and Pool.

·
Premium Member
60,411 Posts
Lol! That's what I do! I believe I'm also going to put tape over the camera as well! If they ever watched me drive and scream at pedestrians and cyclists they'd throw me in the nut house for certain!
My phone has taken several pictures of me in my car.in the dark.
Stepping out of car for a smoke with app on.
Came on after app was off for a bathroom break,causing me to drop phone in urinal trying to answer ping ( on app. I had turned off !)

My phone even took movie of me in Wal Mart picking up cleaning materials at 3 am after a puker !

You sign away all rights to your phone when you download Uber app.

Read the fine print.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I didn't realize we were able to deny certain permissions to the app until a friend said to change them after updating the app. I denied all permissions to the app with the exception of location.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is really funny. The speed limit on the Ryan or Stevenson is 55. Imagine going 55 down either of those roads. Youd get run over. Im not saying you gotta go 90 like a lunatic, but the traffic usually flows around 65-75.

·
Registered
608 Posts
My phone has taken several pictures of me in my car.in the dark.
Stepping out of car for a smoke with app on.
Came on after app was off for a bathroom break,causing me to drop phone in urinal trying to answer ping ( on app. I had turned off !)

My phone even took movie of me in Wal Mart picking up cleaning materials at 3 am after a puker !

You sign away all rights to your phone when you download Uber app.

Read the fine print.
With th e latest android app update you can denied access to camera contacts, etc. I only give them location access and when I am not on the platform I cLear the cache and data for the app, THEN uninstall just to be safe and sure.

·
Super Moderator
15,760 Posts
Big Uber is watching.....my first Driving Report from last night appeared in my app. Congratulated for my smooth braking and acceleration. Yippee!
Wait until insurance companies start tracking your driving through your phone.

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Premium Member
60,411 Posts
Wait until insurance companies start tracking your driving through your phone.
Uber will sell them data now just as GM has been doing for years with Nav Star

DATA MINING.

Do an experiment.
Look up an odd ball car color on new car sites.

2 weeks from now,go to car dealer and ask for test drive for that model.

I bet you a dollar, they bring out the oddball color you were pricing online.

DATA MINING.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts