Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and gentleman, just act normal. Don't deviate or suddenly go over the top in providing extra stuff. That means suddenly no mints, water, door holding

Uber scum passengers likely won't tip anyway. On lyft, I make decent money with tips. Today I made $10 in tips without

So here is what I do. On lyft, I do actually offer mints (to customers I like). I generally work overnight. So I pick up people coming from bars. No gum or water or door holding or butt kissing. It's casual. I make like $10 in tips per day. Two days ago. I made $25 and the day before $35. I'm a friendly guy.

Uber filth passengers have been taught its ok not to tip. Which is part of why I don't drive for them.

They need to raise rates, get rid of this stupid rating system (or require a minimum 100 word reason for a 1 star) and abolish the ability to deactivate based on low ratings and maybe they will be OK (lulz).

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Tips...It is a joke, just saw on TV a screenshot that they showed, $1-$2-$5 options instead of 15%-20%-25%, insult.

One of the main reasons these ******** use Uber ,on top of cheapness (not sure anymore, since Uber charges whatever, and they think we get paid based on that) and convenience, is that they don't have to tip.

I am thinking of writing a complaint to IRS, why should Uber and TLC, for that matter, to decide how much taxes IRS will collect, after all, tips are taxable, more tips, more IRSs revenue in taxes.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Lyft is going to change their options to something like 10 ,15, 25 for rides over 25 miles.

I highly doubt that there will a lot of tips coming from uber customers.
Juno customers rarely tip. There are weeks of no tips with Juno.
It may have a negative impact in that it may bring back a lot of drivers that think they are going to be rolling in money now.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
I believe some people will tip, but the nature of the demographic group that uses Uber Lyft, Juno is to save every penny, so the majority won't tip.
I laugh when Lyft says that Lyft-line "means more tips", WHAT??? Are they saying that people who use "line", who are willing to share a car with a complete stranger (some of them really shady) in order to save $1 or $2, are going to turn those bread crumbs they saved into tips for the drivers???
Think about it.
I carry a 4.9 rating with Lyft, I average $20 a week in tips.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
I believe some people will tip, but the nature of the demographic group that uses Uber Lyft, Juno is to save every penny, so the majority won't tip.
I laugh when Lyft says that Lyft-line "means more tips", WHAT??? Are they saying that people who use "line", who are willing to share a car with a complete stranger (some of them really shady) in order to save $1 or $2, are going to turn those bread crumbs they saved into tips for the drivers???
Think about it.
I carry a 4.9 rating with Lyft, I average $20 a week in tips.
How many rides on average?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Lyft is going to change their options to something like 10 ,15, 25 for rides over 25 miles.

It may have a negative impact in that it may bring back a lot of drivers that think they are going to be rolling in money now.
Not rides over 25 miles

Its rides over 25 dollars

1 - 9 of 9 Posts