Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been privately carrying a law professor recently who refuses to use Uber any more. She told me that in her opinion, Uber is very vulnerable to a suit filed under the US Anti Trust laws and she believes it is going to happen.
Aside from paying an enormous fine, a successful prosecution would force a competitive but legitimate fare structure on the company thus raising the rates quite significantly OR Travis will have to pick up his ball and go off to cry in a corner somewhere leaving his private investors fuming. It can't happen soon enough.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd be happy to. However, I'm a mere mortal non attorney with limited knowledge of the law. Accordingly, I will defer to your eminence and superior knowledge of the Anti Trust Laws and I will tell the professor (who regularly lectures the FBI and CIA ) that she is a crank and that she is no longer welcome to work with my daughter as she sets out on her path to the FBI.
For the record, another attorney I drove several months ago said almost exactly the same thing but I thought nothing of it.
HE must have been a real estate attorney.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I'd be happy to. However, I'm a mere mortal non attorney with limited knowledge of the law. Accordingly, I will defer to your eminence and superior knowledge of the Anti Trust Laws and I will tell the professor (who regularly lectures the FBI and CIA ) that she is a crank and that she is no longer welcome to work with my daughter as she sets out on her path to the FBI.
For the record, another attorney I drove several months ago said almost exactly the same thing but I thought nothing of it.
HE must have been a real estate attorney.
Blah blah blah ... anti trust suits against Uber have already been filed in San Francisco (almost a year ago) and in New York, and several others are pending. This information was easily found on Google, so I'm surprised that a high powered law professor (FBI and CIA!!!) with apparently strong opinions on this issue would not only be unaware of it, but would present the probability of anti trust actions to you as an original prediction. And that you'd in turn post it here as though it were some kind of scoop.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blah blah blah ... anti trust suits against Uber have already been filed in San Francisco (almost a year ago) and in New York, and several others are pending. This information was easily found on Google, so I'm surprised that a high powered law professor (FBI and CIA!!!) with apparently strong opinions on this issue would not only be unaware of it, but would present the probability of anti trust actions to you as an original prediction. And that you'd in turn post it here as though it were some kind of scoop.
Wow! Why is everyone not as smart as you? I'm amazed that with such a wealth of knowledge you would be driving for Uber. Shouldn't you be heading up your own law offices at the Capitol teaching adolescent geniuses how to reach their potential? Maybe, of course, you work for Uber....
For the record, smartass, she offered no opinion other than what I related in my original post. As with statements from Uber, if it's on the internet, it has only a 50% chance of being true.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Maybe, of course, you work for Uber....
For the record, smartass, she offered no opinion other than what I related in my original post
I've been privately carrying a law professor recently who refuses to use Uber any more. She told me that in her opinion, Uber is very vulnerable to a suit filed under the US Anti Trust laws and she believes it is going to happen.
Aside from paying an enormous fine, a successful prosecution would force a competitive but legitimate fare structure on the company thus raising the rates quite significantly OR Travis will have to pick up his ball and go off to cry in a corner somewhere leaving his private investors fuming. It can't happen soon enough
"As with statements from Uber, if it's on the internet, it has only a 50% chance of being true". I think we can lower our expectations to zero on the above.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Wow! Why is everyone not as smart as you? I'm amazed that with such a wealth of knowledge you would be driving for Uber. Shouldn't you be heading up your own law offices at the Capitol teaching adolescent geniuses how to reach their potential? Maybe, of course, you work for Uber....
For the record, smartass, she offered no opinion other than what I related in my original post. As with statements from Uber, if it's on the internet, it has only a 50% chance of being true.
And if a lawyer said it, it must be true.

Reactions: DAG

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I didn't say I knew a single thing about the law - I don't. What I did say is that I know how to look up news articles on the web, plus I know how to research court filings on the web to verify those news articles. Easy stuff, you should try it. So should the professor.

The opinion she offered in your original post (genius) is this: "She told me that in her opinion, Uber is very vulnerable to a suit filed under the US Anti Trust laws and she believes it is going to happen." Again, despite her many credentials (FBI! CIA!!) what she "believes is going to happen" already has.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts