Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm relatively new to Uber but have learned some things from the Uber community and added some things to help me make more money:

Font Electric blue Parallel Rectangle Signage

1) I added two of these signs in the back of my Tesla and now my tips are up about 40%. The signs are available on Amazon for $10. Prior to these signs I rarely got tips from riders going to work. Now I get small tips from them about 25%.

2) I have 9 pre-made text short cut messages that take me less than 10 seconds to text the Pax when I'm (1-9) minutes out from picking them up. I do this only while I'm waiting at a red light. This allows the Pax to know that I'm on my way and gets them out quicker allowing me to do more rides per hour. The texts say "Hi, I'm your Uber driver ..... I'm reaching out to let you know I will be there in approximately 5 minutes. See you soon.

3) I keep my car very clean and spray febreze after any smells. I offer a 4 connector phone charger visible to the pax.

4) I always greet the pax in a friendly matter and ask how there day is. At the end of the ride I always tell them to have a great flight (if at the airport) or a great rest of the day.

5) I read the pax. If they do not want to talk I do not talk.

6) I drive the speed limit and never honk the horn or show any road rage.

7) I research about as many attractions in Vegas as I can in case they have questions or want suggestions.

8) I carry free complementary Vegas 2 go books which include maps, attractions, dining, nightlife, gaming and shopping.

9) Despite what some drivers like to do, I always give the pax a 5 star rating. I do not want to ruin there day or affect a possible tip.

10) If the pax includes children I like to show the kids fun things about my Tesla like fart noises or games or Santa mode.

11) If a pax hits me up for a quick stop I never complain because If I don't complain I usually get tipped, and then everyone is HAPPY.

12) I try to become a good positive listener because often times the pax has gone through some rough times.

13) I always offer to load/unload the luggage or groceries. Some pax want to do it themselves.

14) When dropping the pax off to work I always ask if they want to be dropped off in a different spot and let them guide me.

15) I apologize if the Uber GPS app causes a delay in reaching them. Unfortunately this happens often.

16) I have multiple groups of Spotify music and play them softly depending on the pax. If the pax has earbuds or are playing their own music I turn Spotify off.

17) Since it has been kind of cold in Vegas I put on heated seats for the Pax and ask them to let me know if they want it warmer or colder.

If you have any extra ideas to help make more money let me know. We all wish to make more.

· Registered
2,045 Posts
Fabreeze is NOT good for vehicles for the fact that it contains material that dries and becomes a dust. Have you been coughing?

It's better to clean the interior often with something safe like Simple Green so it don't stink in the first place as your removing the sources. Then use Lysol through the ventilation system, let it air out and keep a small spray can of Ozium in driver door to combat farts, smoke exhales and stinky pax food.

Fabreeze is hazardous to your health. Quit using it.

· Registered
208 Posts
I'm relatively new to Uber but have learned some things from the Uber community and added some things to help me make more money:

View attachment 693383

1) I added two of these signs in the back of my Tesla and now my tips are up about 40%. The signs are available on Amazon for $10. Prior to these signs I rarely got tips from riders going to work. Now I get small tips from them about 25%.

2) I have 9 pre-made text short cut messages that take me less than 10 seconds to text the Pax when I'm (1-9) minutes out from picking them up. I do this only while I'm waiting at a red light. This allows the Pax to know that I'm on my way and gets them out quicker allowing me to do more rides per hour. The texts say "Hi, I'm your Uber driver ..... I'm reaching out to let you know I will be there in approximately 5 minutes. See you soon.

3) I keep my car very clean and spray febreze after any smells. I offer a 4 connector phone charger visible to the pax.

4) I always greet the pax in a friendly matter and ask how there day is. At the end of the ride I always tell them to have a great flight (if at the airport) or a great rest of the day.

5) I read the pax. If they do not want to talk I do not talk.

6) I drive the speed limit and never honk the horn or show any road rage.

7) I research about as many attractions in Vegas as I can in case they have questions or want suggestions.

8) I carry free complementary Vegas 2 go books which include maps, attractions, dining, nightlife, gaming and shopping.

9) Despite what some drivers like to do, I always give the pax a 5 star rating. I do not want to ruin there day or affect a possible tip.

10) If the pax includes children I like to show the kids fun things about my Tesla like fart noises or games or Santa mode.

11) If a pax hits me up for a quick stop I never complain because If I don't complain I usually get tipped, and then everyone is HAPPY.

12) I try to become a good positive listener because often times the pax has gone through some rough times.

13) I always offer to load/unload the luggage or groceries. Some pax want to do it themselves.

14) When dropping the pax off to work I always ask if they want to be dropped off in a different spot and let them guide me.

15) I apologize if the Uber GPS app causes a delay in reaching them. Unfortunately this happens often.

16) I have multiple groups of Spotify music and play them softly depending on the pax. If the pax has earbuds or are playing their own music I turn Spotify off.

17) Since it has been kind of cold in Vegas I put on heated seats for the Pax and ask them to let me know if they want it warmer or colder.

If you have any extra ideas to help make more money let me know. We all wish to make more.
Tip #18. Who gives a shit about 1 thru 17. We’ve all done this for years. Place in Vegas forum. Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts