Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
I will copy and paste a comment from the Fortune article, it made me lol, then it made me sad because people actually believe what Uber says.
"I would also like to add that driving for Uber is a second chance job.
Where else can you go after having a criminal record for employment.
I personally don't care what some arrogant driver thinks of me and i won't let them hold some star rating over my head so i pay them more money then what the company says i should pay.
People make it seem like this is thier Credit Score, it's only the opinion of a cab drivers judgment of you... most likely at your worst moment.
We have all seen the advertising and know just how much these drivers are really making. Upwards of 90,000 annually. .
So i feel these guys asking for tips when clearly it's already worked in.
Uber is no longer what it used to be, i recall when Uber cars had been no more then 3 years old, now you get picked up in some 15 year old car with baby vomit and milk stains on the back seat"

I can't be mad at this guy, I can't even say he's stupid! I mean, if Uber advertises that we make 90k a year, then obviously it must be true. Of course tips are included if we're making that kind of money!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I will copy and paste a comment from the Fortune article, it made me lol, then it made me sad because people actually believe what Uber says.
I personally don't care what some arrogant driver thinks of me and i won't let them hold some star rating over my head so i pay them more money then what the company says i should pay.
People make it seem like this is thier Credit Score, it's only the opinion of a cab drivers judgment of you... most likely at your worst moment.
We have all seen the advertising and know just how much these drivers are really making. Upwards of 90,000 annually. .
Uber is no longer what it used to be, i recall when Uber cars had been no more then 3 years old, now you get picked up in some 15 year old car with baby vomit and milk stains on the back seat"

I can't be mad at this guy, I can't even say he's stupid! I mean, if Uber advertises that we make 90k a year, then obviously it must be true. Of course tips are included if we're making that kind of money!
No **** that he's a ****ing moron...90k a year get the **** out, but this shit is uber's fault. With the no need to tip bullshit. I have even seen that same crap on the uber eats website. So its cool to tip every other food delivery service, but no uber drivers=ballers. The **** is wrong with people lol

Uber=Mr.Pink from Reservoir Dogs

·
Registered
941 Posts
When's the petition for drivers to commit to Surge coming out?

If drivers took a quarter of the energy they waste on *****ing and moaning about tips and committed that energy to Surge their earnings would increase significantly, without having to beg.
It's very simple surge pricing don't mean shit if they are only going 3 blocks, and most pax will wait it out or jump on to Lyft if they really need a ride with significant mileage. You drive X so you don't even benefit the most when it surges. The plus/black drivers will get the pax willing to pay 3.0 + so it's great if you do a bit of skipping on their behalf. Tipping on the hand will affect everyride,X,Plus, and even rides only going under 1 mile. Passengers have stated because there is a option they are more incline to tip on Lyft even on a ride only going 3 blocks away. Lastly tipping won't discouraged the passengers from ordering rides which will naturally raise the demand.

·
Registered
316 Posts
When's the petition for drivers to commit to Surge coming out?

If drivers took a quarter of the energy they waste on *****ing and moaning about tips and committed that energy to Surge their earnings would increase significantly, without having to beg.
Hey Showa50, you dont want a petition for ALL drivers to commit to surge. You have to look at skipping as basically a pyramid scheme. The reason why it works (used it yesterday) for the savvy drivers is that they pass nonsurge fares to the noobs and the ******ed drivers around them. Theyre busy giving rides for 10 cents a mile, we reap the benefits of the resulting surge. If ALL drivers skipped, then every trip would result in a canceled trip (since no one would take it) and that would lead to all drivers getting booted for high cancelation rate.

I skip whenever I get bored and log on to uberx, I get how it works and use it to my advantage. But we dont want EVERYONE doing it.

Of course with the neverending supply of new sheep, any petition wouldn't do shit anyway. Theres plenty of E class benzes out there taking nonsurge x fares all day long.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Lets be real... Uber will never add an option for tip, even if 100% of drivers signed it. Why? Because we continue to drive for them. If a significant amount of Uber drivers exclusively drove for Lyft, Uber pax complain about lack of drivers and switch to Lyft, then Uber MIGHT consider a tipping option. Or better yet, have Uber increase their rates to bring back drivers.

·
Registered
632 Posts

LOL
Yet another pax lacking in common sense... complaining about Uber cars being 15 years old... if he actually believes Uber drivers make $90k, you'd think they would be able to afford more than a 15 year old beater car with probably 200k+ miles that's worth $2k. You get what you pay for you dumb shit.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I went to dinner last night and the ****ing uber pax app would error out with a credit card issue. Even had 3 cards in there. Idiots.

So I called a Lyft. Driver was new, only 1 month from SF Valley. He didn't seem to know LA at all. I had to remind him his own gps said turn on Olympic. ..duh...

We only went 1.6 miles. I tipped him, nice guy and clean car. I didn't tell him I was a driver.

We walked home.

The kicker... he said he will NEVER drive for Uber because of all the bullshit they do and treat drivers like crap...right on newbie.

·
Registered
139 Posts

Uber advertises that you can make "up to $16.50 an hour" here in Burlington

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
In the past 2 days I've make $43 in tips. My largest tip was $10 the rest were 5s and smaller. I don't offer water or Candy.

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
I have my own tipping tool. It's called the paypal card reader. Perfect for people who say they want to tip but no cash.

Boo yah **** ...uber

1 - 18 of 18 Posts