Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i think the uber Tipping option is changed or something because lately I'm get a lots of uneven Tips ( dollor amounts with cents) I used to get a fix a mount of dollar like $1 $3 $5... But lately I'm geting tipps like $4.77.....
So i think now the riders has the options to pay tip by percentage % like %5 or %10 something like that.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think percentage is a choice now.

I calculated one tip to be 28.75% as opposed to a whole dollar amount.

Come to think of it I drove 8 miles (19 minutes) to White Bear Lake to pick some fat slob who was only going about 4 blocks from his house to a bar. I received exactly one cent for "long distance" through the app, and he said he'd tip me a percent in the app. Fat, disgusting, lying man-pig.

So yeah, percent is now an option.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I reliazed when people says at the end of the trips that they will add a tip. "that means they are lying. They says that because so that driver give them good rating"
Fat pigs always stinks

·
Registered
508 Posts
"I can tip you in the app, right?" or "I don't have any cash, so i will a tip you in the app" has really meant "No Tip for you" 100% of the time from my experience. Funny thing is, most of us can pick out a pax that has no intention of tipping inside of two minutes regardless of what comes out of their mouth. So when they get into their dribble about how they "will tip in the app" I have to wonder what kind of person goes out of their way to squeeze in a lie to a stranger. If a guy doesn't want to tip, that's fine, he can still be a nice guy, get his ride, say "Thank You" and I won"t give it a second thought. But a jackass that makes a big deal about a tip he has no intention of giving has got to have some sort of screw loose.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
"I can tip you in the app, right?" or "I don't have any cash, so i will a tip you in the app." Has really meant "No Tip for you" 100% of the time from my experience. Funny thing is, most of us can pick out a pax that has no intention of tipping inside of two minutes regardless of what comes out of thier mouth. So when they get into thier dribble about how they "will take of the tip in the app" I have to wonder what kind of person goes out of thier way to sqeeze in a lie to a stranger. If a guy doesn't want to tip, thats fine, he can still be a nice guy, get his ride, say "Thank You" and I won"t give a second thought. But a jackass that makes a big deal about a tip he has no intention of giving has got to have some sort of screw loose.
I used to think the same thing and many times still do however it seems like new PAX do actually tip in the app. They don't have the old tip included mentality like those who have been using rideshare for awhile.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's confirmed now that the uber has changed it's tipping style. (The pax now tip the driver by percentage %10. %20...)
I saw it myself after I ended up pax trip he rated me and he had the option to tipp me by the percentage. I looked at his rider app.

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
I'm getting tipped flat amounts along with percentage tips, as of this morning. It's probably necessary for pax to swipe across to see more options.

·
Premium Member
4,044 Posts
yeah, I took a ride home from the airport Thursday; when the ride was finished, the app asked me if I wanted to tip my driver, and offered 15%, 20% and 25% as default options

or, it may have been 10%, 15% and 20%, I honestly can't remember which one

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah, the percentage is off the rider's total. So they probably picked the 15% option, which is another fun reminder that Uber is taking nearly half the fair these days.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Well since i have been out of a car i have had to take ubers. They are trying out the percentage. I took two ubers in 45 minutes first was percentage, second was flat rate.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
My suspicion and hope is that it is set up to be a flat rate or a percentage. A flat rate if it was a low dollar trip and a percentage once it gets over a certain amount. Who wants a 20% tip on a $2.80 fare? Hopefully this technology company is smart enough to program it that way so that if it is under a certain amount it offers a flat rate and over a certain amount it offers a percentage style tipping option.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
I do not like the percent because:

1. FUber rounds the tip down so we get screwed by a penny or more on each tip percent.
2. As of today FUber changed the total fare to exclude tolls. YES, we are not paid on the total fare including tolls.
3. FUber is hiding the tolls from the fare details we are paid thus we have no idea if they paid us the tolls.

·
Registered
599 Posts
My suspicion and hope is that it is set up to be a flat rate or a percentage. A flat rate if it was a low dollar trip and a percentage once it gets over a certain amount. Who wants a 20% tip on a $2.80 fare? Hopefully this technology company is smart enough to program it that way so that if it is under a certain amount it offers a flat rate and over a certain amount it offers a percentage style tipping option.
My 45 minute trip was the exact same distance from Bloomington to Minneapolis and back to same location. So I would assume they are testing it but you could be right that if it is a short trip it will revert from percentage.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Now that is some sound thinking!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts