Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard this sordid tale from a pax the other day.

A friend of his drives for Uber. About two months ago (April 2016), a pax gave him a $20 tip which he accepted. Driver soon receives a text or e-mail from Uber announcing a two week suspension for accepting a tip.

This incident happened before the Uber settlement.

Comments?

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
The pax was probably new and thought it was supposed to pay in cash, with the driver keeping the change. The driver innocently thought he or she was getting a $20 tip. When the pax talked with a friend with more Uber experience, it discovered that it paid via credit card and "the tip was included" so, it reported the driver for it's mistake.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
It's BS. Even before the settlement, we were allowed to accept tips. As forqalso mentions above, it was probably the pax's mistake and he thought the $20 covered the fare + tip, but then realized his card was also charged and reported the innocent driver.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The pax was probably new and thought it was supposed to pay in cash, with the driver keeping the change. The driver innocently thought he or she was getting a $20 tip. When the pax talked with a friend with more Uber experience, it discovered that it paid via credit card and "the tip was included" so, it reported the driver for it's mistake.
I love that you refer to the Pax as an "it".

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I got a $20 tip the other night. Young college age kids, I took them to buy dope, waited 10 minutes for them outside the retail location, took them back.

Nicest guys I had all night! Don't show me your dope and I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I find this hard to believe that after setting up a passenger acct they thought it was still a cash transaction business. OP never said driver stated amount of fare.
Remember, statistics prove half of all people are below average. I've had several people ask how to pay, for one reason or another.

·
Registered
797 Posts
An account holder put the wrong address in for the p/u of his GF. As I am sitting at the incorrect p/u, I get a call asking me am I at that address. I tell him yes and he explains he's new to Uber. Anyhow, he gives me another address to p/u the GF. I get there, she is hesitant. I ask is everything ok. She says she's tired. Anyhow, off we go to the third address. He finally comes to the car and asks "how much?". I explain you paid with a CC on file but if you want to tip for the first address mess up, then ok. He says he never put a CC on the app. I said in order for that trip to begin, someone's CC is there. So, long story short, he looks at her and asks does she have $5 for me. Sad, really sad

·
Banned
2,822 Posts

A friend of his drives for Uber. About two months ago (April 2016), a pax gave him a $20 tip which he accepted. Driver soon receives a text or e-mail from Uber announcing a two week suspension for accepting a tip.

Comments?
BS. Uber doesn't suspend for accepting a tip

·
Registered
169 Posts
I find this hard to believe that after setting up a passenger acct they thought it was still a cash transaction business. OP never said driver stated amount of fare.
Yes it seems obvious the card on file its for payment purposes, but I get asked all the time by new customer if they need to pay cash or/and how shall they pay me. :confused:

·
Premium Member
60,441 Posts

Comments?
Burn your local Uber office to the ground !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts