Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone else seen this? On the driver payment page, they’ve finally discontinued displaying what the customer paid for the trip. This was always available in the past because Uber promised full disclosure, due to earlier promised percentages of the fare due to the driver.
This new hidden information policy is a blatant attempt by Uber to short change the driver, by hiding any customer price hikes to keep more of the actual fare price.
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.
(Especially now, when drivers are paying astronomically higher fuel costs!)
Time to demand action. Full disclosure.
👉
PS..OK .., So I've been corrected. But they are still hiding it. You now have to log into the driver account page on a PC or navigate to it on a mobile device to see the customer payments. Either way Uber management is trying to make it harder for the average driver to see transparency between the true customer cost of the trip and actual driver earnings.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Anyone else seen this? On the driver payment page, they’ve finally discontinued displaying what the customer paid for the trip. This was always available in the past because Uber promised full disclosure, due to earlier promised percentages of the fare due to the driver.
This new hidden information policy is a blatant attempt by Uber to short change the driver, by hiding any customer price hikes to keep more of the actual fare price.
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.
Time to demand action. Full disclosure or
👉cars don’t roll. Without us, they’re nothing.
Are you paid a percentage of the fare? If not, why does it matter if they show the customer payment?

·
Registered
687 Posts
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.

It's only disappeared on the driver app, it's been moved to the uber drivers account website.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Lincoln MKZ Reserve
504 Posts
They removed it here in Tampa just this past week. Frankly, it's probably better for my blood pressure that I can't see it while I'm driving.

I had a ride last week that was a 4 miles and 10 minutes for $11 including a $6 boost (so $5 base fare). En route, the lady made that destination a stop and changed her final destination to another 28 miles and 35 minutes away. I had no way to see the fare at that point, but the new destination was an emergency room and when I asked her she was really apologetic and said she should have asked first, but she wasn't thinking because she got a text about a family emergency. So, I took her. Total fare $19 for 32 miles and 46 minutes, minus a $2 toll means Uber gave me $6 for that 28 miles and 35 minutes add on. That paid for the gas only and paying for my gas and tolls to get back to civlization ate the rest. They got me for free for almost an hour and a half. Uber's price? $42.

That trip would have been $32.95 to me after the boost and toll on our miles/minutes rate card a few months ago. I am more and more finding the base fare alone means I'd be working for free and Uber taking up to 60% whenever possible. I had a short Premier ride for $13 the other day. I didn't look it up, but the guy told me he paid $32.

Probably best that I'm not tempted to look at what Uber charged while driving. If I want to have a stroke I can log into the website from home where I won't take anybody else out with me.

·
Registered
2017 Lincoln MKZ Reserve
504 Posts
Oh, sort of off topic but related FYI ... I did call "Diamond Support" thinking that long ride might be a mistake and they could do a fare recalculation. The guy told me I was an independent contractor and if I didn't want to drive at these rates I could quit.

No, I am not joking or exaggerating. Apparently Diamond Support is the total no-nonsense level of support.

So, just a guess, but maybe they took it out of the app because they don't want us calling them and having strokes while on the road either.

·
Super Moderator
13,521 Posts
Yes you can still see the individual ride breakdown but you have to go through the website. It took me a minute to find it. I forget what you clicked on but the above post is correct

·
Registered
2017 Lincoln MKZ Reserve
504 Posts
They could have left the link from the driver app in place a lot longer though.
As above, they most likely want to make you work for the information so they don't get as many support calls as they continue to creep up past the 50% mark on more rides. I was joking in how I said it, but I think the base of it is still true. What you don't know won't hurt you or tie up their support lines with griping.

·
Premium Member
Toyota Camry
667 Posts
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.
They've also removed the "I don't wanna do delivery" cancel reason. They want drivers to be taking $2 McDonald's deliveries. $2 that includes the tip. So without the $2 tip it was $0 pay for it 😂

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you paid a percentage of the fare? If not, why does it matter if they show the customer payment?
I have been with Uber since it’s inception.
In the beginning we were paid a percentage of the fare.
All of that changed with new management.
So, if the cost of the trip goes up for the customer but the pay for the driver remains the same, the driver gets ripped off. That’s simple mathematics especially since the driver bears the cost of operation. If you don’t want to know what the customer pays then Uber has you in the palm of your hand.

·
Premium Member
5,130 Posts
I know that Uber takes as much as they can possible taje and get away with. I dont need to know the exact numbers. If curiosity gets the best of me I van go to the passenger app or just ask the passenger.

The only reason I need to know what the customer pays (other than curiosity) is so I know what I should charge for the same ride when I do it as a private ride.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I have been with Uber since it’s inception.
In the beginning we were paid a percentage of the fare.
All of that changed with new management.
So, if the cost of the trip goes up for the customer but the pay for the driver remains the same, the driver gets ripped off. That’s simple mathematics especially since the driver bears the cost of operation. If you don’t want to know what the customer pays then Uber has you in the palm of your hand.
How exactly are you being ripped off? You just admitted that you are not paid a percentage. I get it, you still want to be, but those days are over. Uber is upfront about compensation. The fact you disapprove of the new methodology doesn't make it fraudulent. Just sour grapes on your part missing the good ole days.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Oh, sort of off topic but related FYI ... I did call "Diamond Support" thinking that long ride might be a mistake and they could do a fare recalculation. The guy told me I was an independent contractor and if I didn't want to drive at these rates I could quit.

No, I am not joking or exaggerating. Apparently Diamond Support is the total no-nonsense level of support.
Diamond support is the same as normal support, but they thank you for being a Diamond driver at the beginning and the end of the call. 📞 🇵🇭 💎

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,883 Posts
Herding cats.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts