Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see Uber sending me 2 to 3 text messages per day urging me to get out and drive or not to stop driving when I try to Sign off. Im I a supper driver and the only one getting these text messages or we all are getting it.?
Any body getting the texts?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I see Uber sending me 2 to 3 text messages per day urging me to get out and drive or not to stop driving when I try to Sign off. Im I a supper driver and the only one getting these text messages or we all are getting it.?
I get a shit load of them daily. It really pisses me off when I get one urging me to go online after I just finished driving for 10 hours. This text almost always comes 5 minutes after I log off.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Nah, these are totally useless spam.

I turned them off by sending "stop" reply.

Reactions: Freedom

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
They love to send them. There was some silly "golden ticket" incentive going one day and I got 24 (no not a typo) in one day.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
They love to send them. There was some silly "golden ticket" incentive going one day and I got 24 (no not a typo) in one day.
Well, guys in the Uber office have to do something other than chilling ;) Otherwise their uselessness becomes obvious immediately.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I get these text messages too to get back online and pick people up so Uber can make more money. they also told me to accept all my ride. I accept request based on distance and star rating.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I get these text messages too to get back online and pick people up so Uber can make more money. they also told me to accept all my ride. I accept request based on distance and star rating.
I recently got a text from them saying that I need to pick up more riders as well or face possible temporary deactivation. I also base my pick ups on distance and star rating. I get way way too many requests for riders that are 15 or more minutes away. I don't accept the ping then the same request comes in again right away. One time I got the same request 6 times in a row. If I didn't accept it the first time then there's no way in hell I'm gunna accept it after the 6th time.

I will admit my acceptance rating is very low (32%) but like I said, I'm not driving 15 or more minutes to drive someone 3 or 4 blocks which is usually the case. I know this because when I first started driving I accepted all requests and this was the result. Short trips for a long drive....lost money on these trips. Plus I'm very hesitant in picking up 5 star riders for fear of a police sting. A good portion of riders now seem to be 5 stars, probably being students new in Toronto, but I'm still very skeptical in picking them up.

I would estimate that approximately 60% of my requests are over 5 minutes away which I refuse to accept unless there is surge pricing happening and it's high enough to warrant me driving that far.

·
Registered
85 Posts
UBER: Our records indicate that you're completing a lot fewer of the requests you receive compared to other partners. This hurts the customer experience and system reliability so please sign off when you are not in a position to complete requests. Completing more trips will helps the system run and helps you earn more money. Repeated warnings could result in you temporarily losing access to the Uber platform. Complete BS

·
Registered
518 Posts
UBER: Our records indicate that you're completing a lot fewer of the requests you receive compared to other partners. This hurts the customer experience and system reliability so please sign off when you are not in a position to complete requests. Completing more trips will helps the system run and helps you earn more money. Repeated warnings could result in you temporarily losing access to the Uber platform. Complete BS
This is the EXACT text I got from them on Tuesday.

·
Registered
85 Posts
contractors can accept and decline jobs, so i don't really care if it's worth it i'll go if not i wont. We do the hard work Uber sit there and collect

·
Registered
582 Posts
This is the EXACT text I got from them yesterday..

·
Registered
347 Posts
OMG! i got this text last night. I thought it's only me. because i cancelled couple of trips 2 days ago. But seems they send it to everyone LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts