Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, You can do your Tax return from today. So uber updated their Details on Tax summary for each and every driver, you can check it online under tax summary.

So anyone done their taxes yet? if not when you plan to do your taxes? What expense and HST amount you paying? Is your income under or over 30k? Lets discuss and help each other to understand how it works.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Around $5K. Lost $1K. Cost to operate new vehicle is the main reason for losing. Not filing this year.
You lost more, it's just you're unaware of it. Either way if that's your only job then you don't need to file, well you do, but you just don't need to pay taxes. Enjoy your $4k my man, don't spend it all in one place.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am doing uberEat on weekends. My yearly statement is showing that I drive 1300 KM. According to my drive log book I almost drive 2000 KM. The thing I noticed the Uber only include the KM while on trip they didn't include the KM when a UberEat driver is on the way to hotel to pickup food. Any one knows accordingly to the CRA which KM should I enter in my business KM. Thanks

·
Registered
848 Posts
I am doing uberEat on weekends. My yearly statement is showing that I drive 1300 KM. According to my drive log book I almost drive 2000 KM. The thing I noticed the Uber only include the KM while on trip they didn't include the KM when a UberEat driver is on the way to hotel to pickup food. Any one knows accordingly to the CRA which KM should I enter in my business KM. Thanks
Total amount u drive. I.e. 2k.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I also only do UberEat. I make around 5K minus gas and maintenance. When I typed my total income into a simply online tax calculator, it says I own CRA $1200.

I am going to start looking for a weekend Pizza delivery job.

·
Banned
259 Posts
what is this, I have checked my yearly summary and it says the gross was 30k and I start driving August 2016 should i file what uber posted in the website or should I calculate by my self?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts