Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As Uber spread further into western Sydney they are now going after the middle-aged bogan/westy demographic. Their idea is to use real Uber drivers to make Uber sound better than it really is.

Do you think Uber will want me to share my stories about being sexually assaulted by a rider with Triple M? Or maybe I should tell audiences about the lack of support. Or the tax they dodge. No, you can bet that Uber want you to tell funny stories.

But seriously... anyone who responds to this gimmick is just giving Uber free advertising. You are being used like a pawn to get even more ants to sign up. Don't fall for this trap. Uber don't want to broadcast the truth, only pro-Uber propaganda.

Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Number

·
Registered
531 Posts
As Uber spread further into western Sydney they are now going after the middle-aged bogan/westy demographic. Their idea is to use real Uber drivers to make Uber sound better than it really is.

Do you think Uber will want me to share my stories about being sexually assaulted by a rider with Triple M? Or maybe I should tell audiences about the lack of support. Or the tax they dodge. No, you can bet that Uber want you to tell funny stories.

But seriously... anyone who responds to this gimmick is just giving Uber free advertising. You are being used like a pawn to get even more ants to sign up. Don't fall for this trap. Uber don't want to broadcast the truth, only pro-Uber propaganda.

View attachment 98091
Here we go again. How about you share the rides that actually went well??
They far out number the 1 STORY NOT STORIES you have about A passenger sexually assaulting you. Think about the ratio of good rides to poor rides out of the, how many rides have you done?
Out of the 1400+ I've done in the past year under 5% have been rides I would like to forget which I have and quite quickly.
Your negativity is quite comical even if you think you are being serious.
Get over yourself, your not half as important as you think you are. If you were you'd be a rider and not a driver.
Drive safe out there......

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here we go again. How about you share the rides that actually went well??
They far out number the 1 STORY NOT STORIES you have about A passenger sexually assaulting you. Think about the ratio of good rides to poor rides out of the, how many rides have you done?
Out of the 1400+ I've done in the past year under 5% have been rides I would like to forget which I have and quite quickly.
Get over yourself, your not half as important as you think you are. If you were you'd be a rider and not a driver.
Drive safe out there......
Sorry but I don't like double standards. Uber has a safe and friendly public image persona and then there is the ugly truth about the way it treats drivers. Yours is exactly the same attitude Uber has toward drivers who get into trouble. They don't care and they silence you.

I can understand why you mighy hold the innocent views of Uber that you do. Your opinion may change after something goes wrong like a rider causes damage and Uber refuse to reimburse you or they actively make it difficult to take further action.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not negative about Uber. I give praise where praise is due. I value a balanced conversation of the pros and cons but Uber only wants to talk about the pros while not addressing the cons and that is the issue I have with these kinds of PR campaigns.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Interesting how you think mine is a innocent view especially after 1400+ rides,again, I've had pretty much everything happen to me from fist fights to damage of my vehicle and everything in between.
What I understand about small business operators is there is no I repeat NO organisation that lives up to the utopian ideals you have about how uber treats its SOLE TRADERS.
This is what you are in the point to point transport industry.
You are NOT a employed driver with employee benefits.
You are NOT part of an organisation that has a HR department.
You ARE responsible for all events that occur during the ride booking YOU have accepted.
All negative incidents have been handled at my expense so for you to assume my relative experience?? Let's just say I've been through your novice opinion with more resilience coming from a more balanced view of WHY I Uber, operate a HC PLATED business and SERVICE Sydney's public.
Again HOW many rides have you done?
And how much skin DO YOU have in the game?

·
Premium Member
Hackney carriage
3,990 Posts
When someone is stupid it is in possible to tell them they are

·
Registered
531 Posts
When someone is stupid it is in possible to tell them they are
This is true, although I'm not trying to tell him he's stupid. What I am trying to get across is the very limited view he holds is one of someone who truly misunderstands what his role within this dynamic and challenging industry is.
The truth often hurts even if it isn't really as bad or malicious as some believe it to be.
Drive safe out there.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts