Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I was in Westwood. There was a red boundary surrounding Westwood Village and the multiplier was at 1.2. I picked up 4-5 people from within the boost region inside of Westwood Village. Later I noticed I was paid mileage and time only and no boost for those rides. So I called Uber and Uber told me my pickups where outside of the Boost area which they weren't. I sent them screenshots of the map that I saw and the boundary. I argued with them over an hour over this it was so frustrating. They never sent me a reply after I sent the screenshots and restricted my account so I could't accept rides or receive requests.

I went to West Hollywood from midnight till after 3am and got no rides. I got 2 requests which disappeared instantly wouldn't let me accept them. Also zero requests came in for hours after that. I reinstalled the app, reset my network, rebooted my phone, drove all over sunset everything and no requests. I called Uber support and they said my account is active and not limited. The supervisor I argued with did something because after I ended the call is when I got zero rides. It was a very busy night in West Hollywood and thousands of people where walking around getting Ubers. So it wasn't a demand issue.

Somehow Uber stealth deactivates or restricts driver so no support rep can see it's restricted only the driver cant accept or receive rides. My advice is if Uber refuses to give you a promotion or boost don't dispute it or get upset they took your money because they will lock up your account. I kept my composure I didn't yell profanities or anything I just tried to dispute the fact I wasn't paid for the boost and was very frustrated I wasted my time when I would never have driven there during that time if there was no Boost.

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
I wasted my time when I would never have driven there during that time if there was no Boost.
This is exactly why we have no surge. A measly 1.2 is all it took to get you off your couch. How much did you make off your 4-5 shorties? Like $20-$30maybe. So $4-$6 was the difference in you getting off your couch and driving.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
This is exactly why we have no surge. A measly 1.2 is all it took to get you off your couch. How much did you make off your 4-5 shorties? Like $20-$30maybe. So $4-$6 was the difference in you getting off your couch and driving.
Drivers are desperate. They need cash flow. Maybe he has a hybrid car.
I'm starting to give the ants a break.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All the Boost rides I got around $2.00 each. If I got the Boost it would have been over $3.00 per ride. Instead of giving me my Boost Uber gave themselves a Boost and took 60% of each one of those rides.

When I complained Uber restricted my account and I got zero rides from 11pm till after 3am. Since I drive over 100 miles roundtrip to drive in Los Angeles I lost money tonight. Uber paid me less than $10 for all those rides minus the Boost and I spent $18 in gas idling my car for hours with no rides and driving round trip and on those rides. So thanks to Uber I was at a net loss of over $9

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
All the Boost rides I got around $2.00 each. If I got the Boost it would have been over $3.00 per ride. Instead of giving me my Boost Uber gave themselves a Boost and took 60% of each one of those rides.

When I complained Uber restricted my account and I got zero rides from 11pm till after 3am. Since I drive over 100 miles roundtrip to drive in Los Angeles I lost money tonight. Uber paid me less than $10 for all those rides minus the Boost and I spent $18 in gas idling my car for hours with no rides and driving round trip and on those rides. So thanks to Uber I was at a net loss of over $9
100 miles round trip just to drive Uber??? Dont you have a local KFC, BK, Mc Donalds etc.? All of those places would pay better then Uber...

Please tell me this is a troll post.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Up until today I was on a roll with Uber I was getting most of the promotions. I was making over $200 on some days way more than Mc Donalds.

A lot of people where I live drive to Los Angeles to make money it's very common.

When they decided to take my Boost when I saw how Uber treats there drivers.

100 miles round trip just to drive Uber??? Dont you have a local KFC, BK, Mc Donalds etc.? All of those places would pay better then Uber...

Please tell me this is a troll post.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Up until today I was on a roll with Uber I was getting most of the promotions. I was making over $200 on some days way more than Mc Donalds.

A lot of people where I live drive to Los Angeles to make money it's very common.

When they decided to take my Boost when I saw how Uber treats there drivers.
200 a day minus everything including that commute is like 100 minus tax. After a 50 mile trip to the city their is no way in hell your making enough to get ahead of the deadmiles doing promos.

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts

1.2 boost means you only get an extra $2 for every $10 in base fares you generate, not including other promotions. A minimum $2.62 ride pays you an extra .52c. I understand you gotta make money, but the 1.2 boost difference was not something that was going to make or break your night. If you thought you wasted your time because you didn't get 1.2, then you were already wasting it. You would've netted the same or more just driving in your home area

·
Registered
177 Posts
So today I was in Westwood. There was a red boundary surrounding Westwood Village and the multiplier was at 1.2. I picked up 4-5 people from within the boost region inside of Westwood Village. Later I noticed I was paid mileage and time only and no boost for those rides. So I called Uber and Uber told me my pickups where outside of the Boost area which they weren't. I sent them screenshots of the map that I saw and the boundary. I argued with them over an hour over this it was so frustrating. They never sent me a reply after I sent the screenshots and restricted my account so I could't accept rides or receive requests.

I went to West Hollywood from midnight till after 3am and got no rides. I got 2 requests which disappeared instantly wouldn't let me accept them. Also zero requests came in for hours after that. I reinstalled the app, reset my network, rebooted my phone, drove all over sunset everything and no requests. I called Uber support and they said my account is active and not limited. The supervisor I argued with did something because after I ended the call is when I got zero rides. It was a very busy night in West Hollywood and thousands of people where walking around getting Ubers. So it wasn't a demand issue.

Somehow Uber stealth deactivates or restricts driver so no support rep can see it's restricted only the driver cant accept or receive rides. My advice is if Uber refuses to give you a promotion or boost don't dispute it or get upset they took your money because they will lock up your account. I kept my composure I didn't yell profanities or anything I just tried to dispute the fact I wasn't paid for the boost and was very frustrated I wasted my time when I would never have driven there during that time if there was no Boost.
Maybe you should start out with profanities. I always do. It's like they don't understand anything else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts