Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Major oops! This had to be a new driver without many brain cells active at the time. How do you not turn around and confirm the destination? Or just simply say "Hello. How's it going today"? There's no adult response coming from the back seat so that might be a red flag. Common sense just says you know if the adult is in the vehicle no matter a brand new, experienced, or a driver having a bad day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...f-with-her-2-year-old/?utm_term=.6a4cd34aa957

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If this happened at the dropoff I could certainly understand it being a mistake. Adult gets out and ride is finished and drive off. When I was rather new, I would almost forget they had luggage until they walked to the back and opened the cargo area. Good thing I would look at my app for a short bit after the door closed and never actually drove off with luggage.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've had two different drivers on two different occasions start going without checking first to make sure all passengers were in the car and doors shut.

First time my 16 year old daughter had one foot in and one foot out when the driver started to drive. Second time was my 11 year old. She'd just gotten in and sat down, seat belt not on yet, door still open when the driver started going. Totally clueless and irresponsible.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Major oops! This had to be a new driver without many brain cells active at the time. How do you not turn around and confirm the destination? Or just simply say "Hello. How's it going today"? There's no adult response coming from the back seat so that might be a red flag. Common sense just says you know if the adult is in the vehicle no matter a brand new, experienced, or a driver having a bad day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...f-with-her-2-year-old/?utm_term=.6a4cd34aa957
Still waiting for the day a 7 year old hits the ride request button and walks out the front door and tries to get in. "My mommy said take me to the 711 for candy and bring me back." " mommy also asked if u could grab a pack of Marlboro 100s in the box and a 16 ounce beer, she has a nice $10 dollar bill waiting on u after we come back" thanks Mr. uber.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still waiting for the day a 7 year old hits the ride request button and walks out the front door and tries to get in. "My mommy said take me to the 711 for candy and bring me back." " mommy also asked if u could grab a pack of Marlboro 100s in the box and a 16 ounce beer, she has a nice $10 dollar bill waiting on u after we come back" thanks Mr. uber.
"Yeah mommy says she is stuck on the couch and can't get up so she sent me".

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It doesn't specifically say, but from the wording it sounds like the child was not in a car seat. Trip wouldn't even have started if it was me.
Well I think if the driver didn't know the mother was in the car, I don't think they would even possibly understand the concept of requiring a car seat for a 2 year old.

But you're right, and I've sometimes had mine in the back and installed them for a child to use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts