Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started driving for the 1st time in a year and cant help to try and figure out Uber pricing. Is Uber just eating the cost of the surge and charging customer normal rates?
I have had several $21.00 surge for a 2-5 mile rides that all have a final price of under $30.00? I priced out a ride from the Airport with a $15.00 surge to downtown approx. 5 mile and it was $65.00 then I take a call that said long distance and the customer said the 100 mile trip was going to be about $120.00. The math doesn't add up. The pax at the airport said the past drivers turned the fare down as I did. I and the passengers cant figure out the pricing lately does anyone have any idea.
How can anyone make money without surge? I can not see anyone driving 30-40 min for $5.00 and please don't tell me from the time you would accept your first ride from your house, to the customer then to the destination and back home would not take you more than 30 min. Every ride I did had a min $5.50 surge up to $21.00 and then it was decent pay at a average $35.00 per hour. That is before expenses and that is what I believe all drivers should make using there own vehicle.

·
5,880 Posts
I don't think anyone will ever understand Uber pricing, including Uber.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Ongoing scam they pay drivers a set rate for distance and time, sometimes an extra few bucks, and double or triple or quadruple price for rider

1 - 4 of 4 Posts