Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to this forum so go easy. Has anyone tried sending videos to Uber to clear false accusations? Sorry in advance for being long winded. I have to be detailed explaining everything so you could understand what I did and why and what I may want to do moving forward.

Last weekend around 7pm Saturday I turned on the app to take rides and noticed there was a message in Ratings/Rider feedback that said a rider suggested I could have acted more professional. About 7 hours later Uber sent me an email to my help/support box indicating that a rider said I argued with them. Both of these accusations are ridiculous; one of them may have been from a pool ride which I accepted by mistake while I was in the middle of a ride, that’s another issue as pools are a disaster waiting to happen.

I record everything audio and video inside my car. I have that stated twice in my profile so if the rider sees that and has an issue they can cancel. I went back and forth with Uber for details of these 2 assumingly separate incidents, of course I was not given any details. So I offered to send them all my trips from both Friday and Saturday nights so they can view the trips that were relevant. Support person responded that I can send them a link to a Google Drive or Dropbox if I wanted to.

I save the rides on my laptop every night. I have no home internet at the moment so it took me almost a week to find a time and place to upload them to my Google Drive. I replied to the email chain with 2 links to my Google drive; 1 for Friday rides, 1 for Saturday rides and requested if they find I did nothing wrong these accusations are removed from my file. I went back and forth again with messages to support and getting nowhere. So a day after I sent the Google drive links I called Uber suppprt and was told 1) for the rider claiming there was an argument, Uber found I did nothing wrong and the claim was removed from my history, 2) the trip relating to me not being professional, they gave me that BS about my rating being higher than average and that I have nothing to worry about. I asked them to email me confirmation that the videos were viewed and that the argument was removed from my history and they sent me a short BS message that thanked me for the business and that I can continue using the driver app (my account was not suspended).

I still don’t know if my videos were even looked at. The support person implied that they were looked at but with the language barrier and his vague answer I don’t know what to believe. Next time I have to react faster and send them a Google drive link immediately. Taking almost a week to send them the trips hurts more than helps my case.

Has anyone sent Uber a trip or night of trips to sort through? Would Uber view a recording of a trip or am I wasting my time? Do I need to drive all the way to the airport to show them my trips in person? How do I get confirmation the argument accusation was removed?

Any advice greatly appreciated.....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Don't waste your time. There are thousands of drivers and Uber doesn't care about you or your rating.

You may never know if someone in India took time to watch your videos. Just keep moving out there and make money.

If Uber was serious about whatever passengers claim you did, they would've just deactivated you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had the same thing happen. Bad ratings or complaints for nothing whatsoever. I tend to take it very personally also. I recently received a message from Uber saying that I made a customer 'Uncomfortable' with no explanation of what I did or to whom. And it was on a rate night that I had no rides where I suspected there was anything wrong. Basically, Uber is saying "You did something wrong. We know what and to whom but we're not going to tell you. So don't do it again!"

Don't sweat it. Some passengers are just belligerent Unless your rating is really low or you get a lot of these kinds of messages or complaints, just move on and chalk it up to the passengers.

Greg

·
Premium Member
11,400 Posts
The rumor around here from what I read is they dont open those files anyway or cant for security.

Also if you ask uber the same questions or issues 10 times you will get 6 different answers with 4 of them in direct conflict to each other

Who would want to hurt uber? Lol

Reactions: Bus Bozo

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think keeping a record of what happens in your car is an excellent way to protect yourself from major incidents but not from customer complaints.

I was in a pretty serious accident while doing Uber (passenger in car) and my dashcam showed beyond a shadow of a doubt that the accident was the other driver's fault. Made all the difference in how the accident was handled by both James River and the other driver's insurance. I can't tell you enough how much I think ever driver and certainly every Uber driver should have a dash cam. It can never hurt you. If the footage shows that an incident is your fault, just don't show the footage to anyone.

Greg

·
Registered
451 Posts
it is inevitable. After a certain amount of time especially in Philly you will get a false report, and you will get falsely deactivated. I have sent dash cam footage to Uber to no avail. Uber is always going to protect themselves before anything. I will never send them dahs cam footage again, as it did not effect my outcome of what i wanted done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't waste your time. There are thousands of drivers and Uber doesn't care about you or your rating.

You may never know if someone in India took time to watch your videos. Just keep moving out there and make money.

If Uber was serious about whatever passengers claim you did, they would've just deactivated you.

Keep moving is all we can do

I've had the same thing happen. Bad ratings or complaints for nothing whatsoever. I tend to take it very personally also. I recently received a message from Uber saying that I made a customer 'Uncomfortable' with no explanation of what I did or to whom. And it was on a rate night that I had no rides where I suspected there was anything wrong. Basically, Uber is saying "You did something wrong. We know what and to whom but we're not going to tell you. So don't do it again!"

Don't sweat it. Some passengers are just belligerent Unless your rating is really low or you get a lot of these kinds of messages or complaints, just move on and chalk it up to the passengers.

Greg
No justice Greg. A joke that riders can make up sh*t and Uber use that sh*t to evaluate drivers

it is inevitable. After a certain amount of time especially in Philly you will get a false report, and you will get falsely deactivated. I have sent dash cam footage to Uber to no avail. Uber is always going to protect themselves before anything. I will never send them dahs cam footage again, as it did not effect my outcome of what i wanted done.
They clearly don't care

The rumor around here from what I read is they dont open those files anyway or cant for security.

Also if you ask uber the same questions or issues 10 times you will get 6 different answers with 4 of them in direct conflict to each other

Who would want to hurt uber? Lol
And when they try to give you answer it's vague

1 - 7 of 7 Posts