Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way home I had my DF set, it's 4am Sunday morning and I think the night is over. I get a ping to waffle house, for a 2 minute drive west, I am a minute from WH and going West!

I arrive and a female gets out of one car and gets in my truck. She says she is ready to go, I start the ride only to see the address is almost the same as the pick up. She then tells me another person is coming, a guy walks up to get in. Then they tell me she is going one place (not the given address), he to another and they don't have the phone to change the destination, both addresses they gave are at least 15 minutes East, getting fishy. I ask them both to get out and I end the ride, they walk off mumbling at me.

I call support and tell them to refund the customer, maybe they don't know how to use the app (or maybe I was about to be a news story). Either way, I didn't want their money as I felt it was my own fault, I should have asked more questions before starting the ride (Which I usually do, but 10 hours driving that night might have slowed me down).

Anyway, the next morning, I get an email from Uber Support saying they reviewed the entire situation and decided to pay me a cancellation fee! Wow! In a world where it is hard to find good things to say about support, I was impressed.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
I got a cancel fee today after contacting support because I was stuck in traffic caused by an accident and the passenger didn't want to wait for me to get to the pick up. The system didn't initially pay me, I am assuming because I wasn't making steady progress to the pick up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Reminded me of my early Ants Day. Picked up a ghetto couple around 3-4AM for a $3.75 fare. I got them to the drop off pin at a gas station that was closed/abandoned. The bastard proceed to say "I'll give you a $10 cash to go to a different address". I agreed and dropped them off at their real address, never got the $10 tips, let alone the girl was vaping and blowing smoke at my face. I'm so glad those days are over. The fear of deactivation was real but I'm graduated now. Thank God

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.