Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
That's lame Tim. Weather you drive for Uber or not, this is a just cause and I'm totally behind it. Uber needs to know the drivers are done with their slimy business model and things need to change. Uber ain't shit without drivers and it's high time they learn there lesson. I hope this movement spreads like wildfire and opens some eyes. Please share, everyone that sees this.

Thanks Mr T for posting. I hope this gets around on this forum and makes a difference for the drivers. I can't wait to see the results.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The guy that is behind this, told his followers to do this:

"Drivers who participate should create phony riders accounts and request Uber all throughout the weekend and just let it go and wait till the driver cancels. This will highly discourage drivers from continuing to drive that weekend. "

Really? So lame.

If you want to strike for justice, at least do the right things first.

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
He says this for the ones that think they are going to mop up while everyone else is trying to do the right thing to get Goobers attention. Think what you want.

I'm sure if this strike changes things for the betterment of the drivers you'll complain about the $1.60 per mile rate he's seeking. lol Talk about lame. Open your eyes and slow down on the Uber kool-aid.

If you think it's unethical, look HARD at Uber. They can't even spell ethics, much less know the meaning.

·
Registered
373 Posts
He says this for the ones that think they are going to mop up while everyone else is trying to do the right thing to get Goobers attention. Think what you want.
If he thinks he can get people to do what he wants, then why forces others to do what he wants?

I'm sure if this strike changes things for the betterment of the drivers you'll complain about the $1.60 per mile rate he's seeking. lol Talk about lame. Open your eyes and slow down on the Uber kool-aid.
I'm not an entitled prick, If I think that I should be paid $1.6/mile and Uber pays me less, then I'll just quit. And, please don't put words in my mouth, did I say that strike for betterment of drivers was lame?

Slow down the Uber kool-aid?

Proofs that I drink.

If you think it's unethical, look HARD at Uber. They can't even spell ethics, much less know the meaning.
And, you think drivers are all ethical with their cherry-picking, surge manipulating.

And, this guy wants to fight for cherry-picking.

·
Banned
919 Posts
The guy should have went to this forum to see what we want and realistic demands. Cherry picking is frowned on big time and I can see why it isn't done. What he should be requesting is a Home Destination instead Of needing to see a destination. $1.60 is not happening in most cities. He also wants to do it on a weekend. Sorry but it won't work. Weekday, during the hours full time drivers are the mass majority, should be the focus hours. This guy has a nice idea but I think it might be based on his beliefs and not of others. Even if I like his demands, they are not all realistic.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The times and days will catch the getting if work or going out to party time depending on the state. Cherry picking? Everyone assumes people will only take long rides. There's been plenty of times I only want short rides.

And just sitting around saying it's not realistic is the problem. Put some effort into it. Even if it won't effect you, maybe it will bring some change/regulation for the next guy.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The guy should have went to this forum to see what we want and realistic demands. Cherry picking is frowned on big time and I can see why it isn't done. What he should be requesting is a Home Destination instead Of needing to see a destination. $1.60 is not happening in most cities. He also wants to do it on a weekend. Sorry but it won't work. Weekday, during the hours full time drivers are the mass majority, should be the focus hours. This guy has a nice idea but I think it might be based on his beliefs and not of others. Even if I like his demands, they are not all realistic.
This guy thinks that this system only has Uber and drivers, and forgets about riders and Lyft. At $1.6/mile and say Lyft rate is at $1/mile, does he think that riders still use Uberx?

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Most of my pax like Uber for what it is, not the price. I figure 90% don't even know what the rate is. Over the last few weeks I've had multiple conversations with pax about Uber cutting rates here in the Phx market recently. Again 90% or more had no idea what they were paying and a few seemed upset that Uber is doing what they're doing. Several have said, "a taxi is $2.50 a mile and Uber is only charging $.90, WTF?"

$1.60 a mile isn't going to change the way pax use Uber. That's still dirt cheap and I'm sure Lyft would be more than willing to jump on board. It only makes since.

·
Banned
919 Posts
The times and days will catch the getting if work or going out to party time depending on the state. Cherry picking? Everyone assumes people will only take long rides. There's been plenty of times I only want short rides.

And just sitting around saying it's not realistic is the problem. Put some effort into it. Even if it won't effect you, maybe it will bring some change/regulation for the next guy.
I would love to cherry pick but I know that won't be allowed. I would love for a strike to be successful but I would want the demands to not be a waste of time/effort. $1.60 a mile? You better have Lyft strike on board too.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would love to cherry pick but I know that won't be allowed. I would love for a strike to be successful but I would want the demands to not be a waste of time/effort. $1.60 a mile? You better have Lyft strike on board too.
It's not "cherry picking". If we are truly independent contractors we should be able to pick clients. If I choose not to work south Phoenix as a whole, then uber should not be able to boot me for that. If I only want to work one area, then uber shouldn't be able to kick me off the network. And while $1.60/mile seems low that's double some markets. They just lowered phoenix to $0.90 a ****ing mile. And profits were slim to begin with.

·
Banned
723 Posts
You are all interchangeable Taxi drivers, self employed, uber does not care, you all must be new to this, newsflash, Uber does not care, and no protest will change the way uber operates, get used to the life of the Taxi driver, neither the company or the pax give a rats ass.

·
Registered
270 Posts
And DFW never happened.

You are all interchangeable Taxi drivers, self employed, uber does not care, you all must be new to this, newsflash, Uber does not care, and no protest will change the way uber operates, get used to the life of the Taxi driver, neither the company or the pax give a rats ass.

·
Registered
989 Posts
The power drivers have to come together and SHUT Uber down will force uber to make listen to us

·
Banned
723 Posts
The power drivers have to come together and SHUT Uber down will force uber to make listen to us
You must be new to the Taxi industry. Everyone is an independent contractor, no one cares about you, especially the other Taxi driver's. It's a cut throat business. I don't like it one bit either, but you can not change the way this industry works, uber is just like all the rest of them. Once rates are lowered, you have a better chance of seeing flying unicorns then the rates going up.

·
Registered
989 Posts
You must be new to the Taxi industry. Everyone is an independent contractor, no one cares about you, especially the other Taxi driver's. It's a cut throat business. I don't like it one bit either, but you can not change the way this industry works, uber is just like all the rest of them. Once rates are lowered, you have a better chance of seeing flying unicorns then the rates going up.
Sorry your hopes lost maybe when you see a well organized strike and uber make changes you will change your mind

1 - 20 of 35 Posts