Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched the news tonight an it seems like we are supposed to have stickers on our cars. I knew it was coming but did not know that they are available already (not that I want it - but I heard there are heavy fines).

Has anyone heard where we can get these Uber stickers and if they are available in Toronto? (and where we can get touch up paint when the taxis key our cars?!)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I watched the news tonight an it seems like we are supposed to have stickers on our cars. I knew it was coming but did not know that they are available already (not that I want it - but I heard there are heavy fines).

Has anyone heard where we can get these Uber stickers and if they are available in Toronto? (and where we can get touch up paint when the taxis key our cars?!)
Media are telling stories they don't know of. Stickers qill be mailed out later.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts

We should get them once we as drivers are approved and are issued a ptc drivers lic #

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Media expects the city to license 12k drivers and hand out stickers one week after ubers been given a liscense?

I find that media is always targeting uber unfairly. It certainly slows down the growth of riders but it's not going to make the current group of riders switch to taxis.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I find that media is always targeting uber unfairly.
This is not only directed to Uber. True journalism is almost dead. Mass media are mostly mechanisms of delivering only information which is profitable to those who own them or influence them, whether it's governments or private corporations (which is not too different from each other).

So yes: they will be cherry picking facts that are only good for the story to show Uber or any other company or person in the light they would like them to be seen.

Reactions: Manhoos

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
My sister in law died last year in an ATV accident. Media kept reporting that her death was due to not wearing a helmet and that she died from head injuries. In fact, her head did never hit anything and her death was not due to not wearing a helmet. Media kept saying that she died from head injuries. This just proves that media don't know what they are talking about. They just make assumptions and make news out of them.

·
Premium Member
8,993 Posts
My sister in law died last year in an ATV accident. Media kept reporting that her death was due to not wearing a helmet and that she died from head injuries. In fact, her head did never hit anything and her death was not due to not wearing a helmet. Media kept saying that she died from head injuries. This just proves that media don't know what they are talking about. They just make assumptions and make news out of them.
Just following the Uber/Taxi stories I see so many inaccuracies its scary. Makes me wonder about topics I don't have insight into

·
Registered
169 Posts
The media does this shit all the time. Several years back a friend of the family who drove for the ttc got sick with cancer. The ttc changed his job to token Collector as it was unsafe to have him driving.
Doctor's thought he still had a while left but one he collapsed on the job and people sent photos to the Toronto Sun. The sun was contacted and the story was explained to them but they still put his photo on the front cover with the title " token Collector sleeping on the job"
He died 4 days later, the sun never retracted the story.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts