Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry for the hasty post. The passenger who said she'd send screen shots has not. She is either lying about the amount she said she tipped or else does not want to get involved. Either way, somebody is lying--Lyft or her.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Even for these companies it sounds far-fetched. Maybe Lyft could do it more easily since they don't share the passenger receipt with the driver. What would it look like? Are they skimming on some rides? All rides? Just some drivers? It seems like a lot of work and a lot of risk for peanuts. Surge skimming by Lyft and Uber is way easier to program and arguably less fraudulent, and probably does happen.

Can anyone post proof with screenshots? Otherwise this seems like paranoia.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good talking points Waldo. As a starting point consider $1.00 skimmed from 30 million Lyft drivers once weekly. = $12 million monthly = $144 million yearly. Imagine twice weekly occurrences (or more), or in my case, where the passenger said she paid $12 for two trips but I only received $5.00. I disagree with you about the 'hard work' for 'peanuts' but agree to the incredibly high risk and think it is unlikely a public company would stoop to that. You are right about paranoia over proof. Unfortunately screenshots won't tell the whole story--it's the bank statements that the riders and drivers should consider.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Good talking points Waldo.
Thank you! I am being paid by the devil's advocate, not the rideshare companies, though.

I also know that Doordash used to steal tips so I am not above all paranoia or concern. I still want to see the proof before I start worrying about it, and I think others should demand it as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did a short trip downtown for a couple bar hoppers, and because of my amenities they were very thankful. The ride requestor happened to sit in the front seat, and when dropping them off he wanted to make sure I knew of his appreciation, so he intentionally made sure I watched as he tipped me well within the app. Lone behold!!!! This tip never showed up on my ride payment! It really makes my question if Uber keeps a portion of tips for themselves, when they claim all tips belong to the drivers. I especially wonder this due to the fact that I get way fewer Uber tips than Lyft through the apps.
I did a short trip downtown for a couple bar hoppers, and because of my amenities they were very thankful. The ride requestor happened to sit in the front seat, and when dropping them off he wanted to make sure I knew of his appreciation, so he intentionally made sure I watched as he tipped me well within the app. Lone behold!!!! This tip never showed up on my ride payment! It really makes my question if Uber keeps a portion of tips for themselves, when they claim all tips belong to the drivers. I especially wonder this due to the fact that I get way fewer Uber tips than Lyft through the apps.
Uber eats is even worse they steal over 50%of their drivers tips

21 - 28 of 28 Posts