Uber Drivers Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Uber is about tricking their drivers and sometimes pax thru legal speak. But you guys are talking about credit card fraud. Drivers give rides to friends, repeat customers and people that sit there until the fair is calculated on your phone. They wouldn't get away with what you guys are saying for 1 day in this world.
I think people have said that about a lot of the things they've done. But they're still around. If the pax figures it out, which they won't unless the driver says something to them, uber just claims a mistake and refunds the entire trip. Pax figures great they got free trip. If the driver gets screwed we go into CSR hell and since it says 1.0 TO 2.5 or whatever they claim that is the upper but no guarantee of surge and to check when you take the trip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My husband and I Uber DFW in separate vehicles. Sat night we expected a surge in Highland park due to the SMU game, but my husband's map wasn't showing any surging. Mine was. So we met up and did screen shots simultaneously. I complained to uber and the support tech played stupid and gave me the "surge is always changing" song and dance... Then I sent the pictures and was told that surging changed on one phone before the other. Nope. None of the surge areas on our maps changed while we were standing there watching them. I got cheated out of 6 different surge rates in a row. My husband lost out on a few also.

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Registered
540 Posts
The driver app is slow to update surge I'm not saying it's right though. If you guys had 2 rider apps showing different surges I would be surprised. NEVER TRACK SURGE ON THE DRIVER APP!

·
Registered
540 Posts
If you look your app was glitching because you have a ghost pin. Same thing happens to me I don't like it to be there so I will turn of and on the app.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
id say the Driver, as a sometimes rider and a driver , i have noticed that there have been a lot less surges the last few weeks then was normal and disappear quick. . we all chalked it up to too many drivers. but 2 pax today were complianing about surges all the time. granted i dont know as im not a rider in dc. but seems something is odd.

here is what i will test tonight. if surge i will ping myself. i will see if my driver app sees it as a surge. if it doesnt i will take a min ride and see if different amounts come up as charged. of course i will rate myself a 4 as to simulate a real pax.

then i will on a non surge ride ask friendly pax only if they are on a surge rate or not that the app has been "messing up" lately and i dont see it on my end soemtimes.
Don't ping ur self bad idea my bro used to do that he gave himself pool surge rides, long trips. Ur account should have the same name rider account and driver account if uber finds out ur done. Tell u to help u out

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
There are a couple of factors you guys may not be considering.

1. don't track the surge on the driver app. The driver app is very slow to update. I have seen a driver app surge stay on for more than 5 min after it was gone on the rider app. The surge price listed is only valid on the rider app.

2. A rider can lock in a lessor surge price 2 ways. First by hitting request ride button but not completing the pin. (The app even says we will save this price for 90 seconds. And second if the rider requests a ride on a lower or no surge and keeps on getting skipped (quick canceled) or not accepted. If the area has a bunch of drivers this could happen for 10 min.

I'm not saying these things are good but none of your examples given disprove these points.

This is very simple to prove in ride ask the pax what the surge multiplier they have on the screen and check yours under rider info.
You r very right I'm surprised ur the only one that noticed that. A rider can request a non surge call and off he keeps getting canceled on and in the mean time it surges his requests are Gona be sent out as no surge calls cuz it wasn't surging when he requested. Eventually he'll get under surge uff his requests get canceled enough. So there is no conspiracy it's just uber network bring fked up or lagging. Servers being over worked etccc

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Uber makes so much money do u guys really think they will stoop that low, I don't why would they do such a think. I just need more proof.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I actually saw something similar for the first time Saturday night. We had a surge in town and the driver app was showing 2.5x. I had several pings come in they ALL showed a lower rate on the acceptance screen. I finally got on the passenger app and looked and it showed different rates than the driver app. I've never seen this before and in my opinion it's being manipulated.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
The driver app is slow to update surge I'm not saying it's right though. If you guys had 2 rider apps showing different surges I would be surprised. NEVER TRACK SURGE ON THE DRIVER APP!
that wouldnt explian 2 different phones with driver app open showing different rates. i havent been able to catch anything solid, but im guessing when the pope comes surge will be rampant and thats when i may be able to catch my pax showing a different surge then me on a ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I check the riders profile and if there is a surge noted on it, I pick the rider up, BUT if there is no surge icon, I cancel the ride.
Yes, Uber does not always give the driver the surge, but ALWAYS double check. I cancel with no charge to the rider.
I don't do guarantee rates either because there is no way to monitor your percentage as you can with Lyft. Uber will find a way not to pay a guaranteed rate.
I will only drive surges. I drive lyft when Uber is not surging because of the tip factor, but I cancel Lyft rides too if they give me a ride that is more than 10 minutes. It is not worth driving for nothing and this included using tolls to get to your rider faster as neither one pays for the tolls until the rider is in your car and the ride is initiated toward the destination.
The rate cuts are too steep to even think one can drive with a profit.
Cancelling the rides is the only tool a driver has to control his or her drives.
I do the driving part time.and this will end soon. Great idea for the riders bad idea for the drivers. Uber on-NOT.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just viewed an youtube video by Uber Man.

He states that he has proof where the Driver and Pax app sees Surge differently. Basically you see surge on Pax side but you don't on the drivers app.

Man, that's messed up! I don't get a lot of surge where I work. But going to check next time I see one.

I advise you do the same thing.
I beg to differ. Below is a screenshot at 2.1X the normal rate I took today. The same trip to around the same location is normally $24 dollars after Fees. Includes is a screen shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Simple Solution:
If you think the ride should/might be a surge priced ride, you can ask your rider whether they're being charged a surge price. Explain to them that something fishy might be going on with what a Rider pays for a ride in a surge zone, when the Driver receives only non surge priced rides.

I'm sure the riders would be appalled if they are being charged Surge Price while the Drivers receive none of it. They'd be happy to share their receipts with the Driver. The riders already have the Drivers' Uber phone number.
https://m.facebook.com/comment/repl...QKITlkPWT8d&ref=m_notif&notif_t=video_comment

Screenshot_2015-10-12-04-31-48-1.png

Screenshot_2015-10-12-04-32-08-1.png

·
Premium Member
4,269 Posts
You r very right I'm surprised ur the only one that noticed that. A rider can request a non surge call and off he keeps getting canceled on and in the mean time it surges his requests are Gona be sent out as no surge calls cuz it wasn't surging when he requested. Eventually he'll get under surge uff his requests get canceled enough. So there is no conspiracy it's just uber network bring fked up or lagging. Servers being over worked etccc

I see the possibility here.. However.. Just last week I had a confirmed 1.5 on MY screen before accepting.. Ended ride and it was normal fare.. I was pissed..

·
Registered
378 Posts
Uber's response will be that the surge area changes dynamically, and thus, the discrepancy between platforms. While you see 1.2 in the downtown DC/K Street Corridor, demand could be increasing to 1.5 before the driver app resets itself.

They could blame your cell phone provider, etc. They'll have a few canned responses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drove someone 55 miles and our took me 54 minutes to do this and the fare was $80 and some odd cents. I met one of my friends that drives for uber as well and informed him off the fare because the guys i was driving around gave me the wrong address. When i received my pay for the week, it was a lot lower than i thought it was going to be. So i looked at my fares and started to add them up and wouldn't you know it...the $80 fare was not in there and a few other ones were gone as well and uber deleted it completely. I contacted them and they said it would be in my account within 48 hrs and that was 3 weeks ago. Since i told them i had a screen shot of my fare (which i do with all of them) i haven't received a response after multiple attempts. Im sure they do this to everyone and people just don't realize it. I guess this will be a class action lawsuit as well.

·
Banned
4,953 Posts
I drove someone 55 miles and our took me 54 minutes to do this and the fare was $80 and some odd cents. I met one of my friends that drives for uber as well and informed him off the fare because the guys i was driving around gave me the wrong address. When i received my pay for the week, it was a lot lower than i thought it was going to be. So i looked at my fares and started to add them up and wouldn't you know it...the $80 fare was not in there and a few other ones were gone as well and uber deleted it completely. I contacted them and they said it would be in my account within 48 hrs and that was 3 weeks ago. Since i told them i had a screen shot of my fare (which i do with all of them) i haven't received a response after multiple attempts. Im sure they do this to everyone and people just don't realize it. I guess this will be a class action lawsuit as well.
Strange rides / large fares are often held for review for a few days. Every ride I've had over $75 has been held for a few days. I see it on the site and in the app, but not on the invoice.

Three weeks is crazy, ask for escalation.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts