Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I think it’s time to reduce the Number of States. WTF is going on in Florida? I still haven’t gotten over Bush-Gore. Let’s give Florida to Cuba and be rid of all the Drama.

·
Registered
492 Posts
he may not be charged because of the state's "stand your ground" law. The Uber driver, Robert Westlake, fired once and killed Jason Boek after Boek approached Westlake's vehicle, raised his hand and yelled, "You know I got a pistol? You want me to f****** shooting you?" Police say Boek had a cell phone, not a gun. But a local sheriff says this is a case of "justifiable homicide all day long. You have the right protect yourself." Westlake, who's also a licensed armed security guard who'd just finished training to be a police officer, is cooperating with the investigation. Uber policy prohibits its drivers from carrying guns while working.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Did pax tip the driver??? His legal fee's are gonna be sky high. If this isn't a reason for SYG, then what is. If a car follows you, attempts to run you off road, then stops in middle of the road then gets out and approached you, can you possibly believe that perhaps driver had a reason to fear...

·
Premium Member
11,400 Posts
Probably will get deactivated permanently but found this interesting the way it was worded

Screenshot_20180829-220743_Chrome.jpg

I think the bigger issue is will this affect his chance of getting hired as a cop, cause I am not sure any armed security company would hire him with a Google tattoo like this

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The whole thing is just Sad. The guys upset having fought with his Girlfriend. He thinks she’s in the Uber and in a Jealous Rage cuts the car off jumps out flashing a Phone that he says is a Gun and loses his Life. The whole Gun Culture is just Pathetic. If we didn’t do anything after Sandy Hook — Will never do anything to stop these Senseless Killings.

·
Premium Member
11,400 Posts
I respect your opinion but I think this incident is a terrible arguement for your case if all the facts and video available so far are true.

·
Premium Member
11,400 Posts
i have no reply button right now, but was replying to Michael above my post, and anyone that is against stand your ground/gun culture

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
One Guy had a Gun-- One Guy had a Phone. One Guy is Dead.
It's called personal responsibility and consequence of chosen behavior.

If the guy with the phone didn't run the guy with the gun off the road and then threaten the guy with the gun the guy with the phone would have not been shot and killed by the guy with the gun.

See? Not that difficult to understand. Then again, this is... nevermind.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
It's called personal responsibility and consequence of chosen behavior.

If the guy with the phone didn't run the guy with the gun off the road and then threaten the guy with the gun the guy with the phone would have not been shot and killed by the guy with the gun.

See? Not that difficult to understand. Then again, this is... nevermind.
If no one had a Gun no one would be dead. See? It's called a Syllogism.

Don't be so Intellectually Dismissive I have read your posts. Stanford-Binet is not sending You any Plaques.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
If no one had a Gun no one would be dead. See? It's called a Syllogism.

Don't be so Intellectually Dismissive I have read your posts. Stanford-Binet is not sending You any Plaques.
Except your syllogism is built on a false premise.

I don't need Stanford-Binet, I have the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Unlike you, I can actually read it.

I don't think you have anything to worry about with Stanford-Binet. I have read your posts, too. You couldn't even pass first grade grammar and punctuation let alone ace an intelligence test.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
The whole thing is just Sad. The guys upset having fought with his Girlfriend. He thinks she's in the Uber and in a Jealous Rage cuts the car off jumps out flashing a Phone that he says is a Gun and loses his Life. The whole Gun Culture is just Pathetic. If we didn't do anything after Sandy Hook - Will never do anything to stop these Senseless Killings.
Florida is a whole different tomatoe from Jerzee, when in Rome do as the romans do,JMO

1 - 20 of 85 Posts