Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does,anyone believe Uber monitors this forum,in the hopes of finding contractors who badmouth. I have read a few posts/comments that claim to be from corporate Uber/csr's. I love Ubering overall but enjoy speaking freely & unregulated. Especially in regards to Uber's poor treatment of drivers. If these are legitimate Uber employees & they offer insight & constructive criticism, so be it. My experience in dealing with most csr's is regardless of their education levels,most are dimwitted,and/or are reading from script ,as mandated by Lord Travis. If they can't properly guide us or enlighten us through email,how the Hell could they shed any positive light into this forum?

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I am not an Uber driver, but here is my two cents worth: My guess is they are aware of it but don't worry about it too much. They would rather have drivers on her bickering about it amongst themselves rather than taking their energies elsewhere in a more organized public way.

If Uber felt they observed some sort of organized threat being generated from forum members and practice, well, then they might pay more attention. I would think that Uber knows disgruntled former Uber drivers need a safe place to release their frustrations, away from the general public. As popular as this forum is, it is a tiny fraction of Uber drivers past or present.

I could be wrong. It just seems to me, Uber is the master at twisting and turning things to their advantage. Uber knows what is up, they get plenty of criticism from drivers first hand via CSRs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good theory & you should see some of my emails.lol
I am not an Uber driver, but here is my two cents worth: My guess is they are aware of it but don't worry about it too much. They would rather have drivers on her bickering about it amongst themselves rather than taking their energies elsewhere in a more organized public way.

If Uber felt they observed some sort of organized threat being generated from forum members and practice, well, then they might pay more attention. I would think that Uber knows disgruntled former Uber drivers need a safe place to release their frustrations, away from the general public. As popular as this forum is, it is a tiny fraction of Uber drivers past or present.

I could be wrong. It just seems to me, Uber is the master at twisting and turning things to their advantage. Uber knows what is up, they get plenty of criticism from drivers first hand via CSRs.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
It is only an assumption and not much more. I can't imagine they wouldn't see it as in their best interest for disgruntled drivers to have a place where they dump their anger and frustration, in a way which is both isolated and anonymous. Then you have the giddy newcomers creating contrast and tempering the reaction people on here might have who happen to have zero experience with livery but who are on the fence. Those people, the uninitiated are going to mostly be looking for reinforcement of what they are looking for and not much else.

Just a theory. Is there any evidence to suggest anything on this forum has impacted Uber's decision making process? That could be the case, but I haven't heard of anything.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Does,anyone believe Uber monitors this forum,in the hopes of finding contractors who badmouth. I have read a few posts/comments that claim to be from corporate Uber/csr's. I love Ubering overall but enjoy speaking freely & unregulated. Especially in regards to Uber's poor treatment of drivers. If these are legitimate Uber employees & they offer insight & constructive criticism, so be it. My experience in dealing with most csr's is regardless of their education levels,most are dimwitted,and/or are reading from script ,as mandated by Lord Travis. If they can't properly guide us or enlighten us through email,how the Hell could they shed any positive light into this forum?
WHAT!!! Shame on you for even suggesting that father Uber dosen't place his drivers on a pedestal and only has interest in showering the people who are the backbone of the business with riches, wealth and a happy work environment. You should be permently banned for this forum for even suggesting that Uber would ever partake in anything that was not in the drivers best interest.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would say it's safe to assume that they are at least monitoring some of the threads. It's not that hard to write a search algorithm for keywords or phrases to keep track of topics that are of concern. They obviously don't care about the endless complaints about hours/pay/insurance/rude pax/etc. However, if there are threads that talk about ways to work around policies or other things that would affect their pocketbook or have legal ramifications---you can bet they are aware. I came out of another industry with a lot of employees with customer interaction and a degree of autonomy. There were forums and other social media sites just for that industry and I have no problem admitting that I kept an eye out for what my staff was saying and doing. I had a business to protect and would use any legal means to do so. Uber most certainly will as well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would say it's safe to assume that they are at least monitoring some of the threads. It's not that hard to write a search algorithm for keywords or phrases to keep track of topics that are of concern. They obviously don't care about the endless complaints about hours/pay/insurance/rude pax/etc. However, if there are threads that talk about ways to work around policies or other things that would affect their pocketbook or have legal ramifications---you can bet they are aware. I came out of another industry with a lot of employees with customer interaction and a degree of autonomy. There were forums and other social media sites just for that industry and I have no problem admitting that I kept an eye out for what my staff was saying and doing. I had a business to protect and would use any legal means to do so. Uber most certainly will as well.
They have good reason to fear us. I would to if I treated the masses with such entrepreneurial disconcern. Things are changing,laws are dictating some of the changes,as well as realizations of drivers & riders.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They have good reason to fear us. I would to if I treated the masses with such entrepreneurial disconcern. Things are changing,laws are dictating some of the changes,as well as realizations of drivers & riders.
I love driving for a rideshare company,but blatantly lying to pax about tipping being included is shady as ****. Now they must account for it,in Cali. I don't mind the pax or the concept of beating my vehicles values into the ground to earn a living. I do mind being lied to and misinforming our customers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts