Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been here for 3 hours yet still 50 cars ahead.

anybody experience same slow wait?

isn't this supposed to be superbowl week where Uber says going to be crazy busy days for Uber partners?

Anybody from Uber to explain?

please!

·
Registered
212 Posts
FWIW I am working for Carey International for the Superbowl. They contract with the NFL for the superbowl. They hired something like 200 temp drivers for the Superbowl. Any Black Hyundai Genesis or Equous you see is a Carey car with the graphics on the side that say official vehicle of the NFL. They spend a lot of time at the airport ferrying corporate customers around.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was going to try and see if the system would glitch and skip me to the front yesterday. Wait was 230, decided to not even bother waiting and got a ride to downtown as soon as I left the queue. good luck out there, SB is looking to be a dud for mostly everyone so far.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was going to try and see if the system would glitch and skip me to the front yesterday. Wait was 230, decided to not even bother waiting and got a ride to downtown as soon as I left the queue. good luck out there, SB is looking to be a dud for mostly everyone so far.
Calling it a dud is being nice. It is costing all of us money. We might as well be paying the riders for their trips.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts

isn't this supposed to be superbowl week where Uber says going to be crazy busy days for Uber partners?

Anybody from Uber to explain?

please!
I told all of you on this post. The super bowl is not a money maker. I was in sf last year. Then you add Atlanta which is like Carolina. Not a big money fan base. New England which has been a lot so no big deal for many fans. You will see a bump up on Friday And sat nights. But game day is all corporates. Limos and suvs pre arranged. Maybe a few rides. But the surge will be controlled.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts

!
How many days do fans from out of state stay for the SB?

If the vast majority booked the whole week at the hotel, and all of the hotels are filled by now, you won't get many out of towners at the airport.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts