Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on SEVERAL pool requests, they're running that 2:00 min timer waaaaaay before arriving to pickup address. Maybe 1/4 mile before. By the time I arrive in front of address, less than a minute left. This is not an isolated incident! A glitch perhaps? My theory is this is their way of getting dishonest drivers to rob pax for no show fee... and then STILL needing a ride. Pretty clever as they'll use the standard shoulder shrug method of brushing it off by playing stupid behind the veil of copy/paste email responses. They tried robbing drivers of "rider no show" fees. It didn't work, so now they're doing it to the NJ pax rich and poor alike. More so to the poor as the brokesters will use pool and pool only. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
I noticed on SEVERAL pool requests, they're running that 2:00 min timer waaaaaay before arriving to pickup address. Maybe 1/4 mile before. By the time I arrive in front of address, less than a minute left. This is not an isolated incident! A glitch perhaps? My theory is this is their way of getting dishonest drivers to rob pax for no show fee... and then STILL needing a ride. Pretty clever as they'll use the standard shoulder shrug method of brushing it off by playing stupid behind the veil of copy/paste email responses. They tried robbing drivers of "rider no show" fees. It didn't work, so now they're doing it to the NJ pax rich and poor alike. More so to the poor as the brokesters will use pool and pool only. Thoughts?
If you are concerned, call or text pax before you arrive. That is how I find them quickly in the city.

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
Who cares?? What kind of people requesting poo and how desperate are the drivers picking them up?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
The timer starts running when you are 100 feet from the coordinate the GPS associates with the requested address.
Really, the 2 minutes shouldn't be used to quickly finish up what you are doing, they should be used for locating your driver if you do not see them.
Pool riders are supposed to be ready to ride when the car arrives. Once the car arrives, the rider can look to their right, left, foward and backwards. If there is no car there, or approaching, they can call the driver. If a rider feels a cancellation charge was incorrectly billed, they can easily request and recieve reimbursement if it wasn't blatantly obvious they kept the driver waiting.
The problem is when riders use the two minutes to finish brushing their teeth, applying makeup, etc... It's not for that on pool.
Basically, when you make a pool driver wait, your also potentially making another rider wait. Uber hates that as it validates some of the drivers' complaints about pool and ratings.
So, yes, the clock starts at 100 feet away from the riders entered coordinate. It doesn't wait for the GPS screen to close and the Uber screen to load. Two minutes is two minutes.
If you can't be outside, ready to ride, good luck. You deserve to be canceled and charged. You play with poo, it's going to stink.

Who cares?? What kind of people request poo and how desperate are the drivers picking them up?
Exactly, the only thing being "stolen" is a drivers time (and money) with poo.

·
Registered
474 Posts
With POOL: small trick- make sure you call Pax- after it rings once- HANG UP!!!

wait the two- and done! there system has certain checks that look at to kick back the fee -
on Pool they tell us we do not need to call. However, this is still observed by uber.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The timer starts running when you are 100 feet from the coordinate the GPS associates with the requested address.
Really, the 2 minutes shouldn't be used to quickly finish up what you are doing, they should be used for locating your driver if you do not see them.
Pool riders are supposed to be ready to ride when the car arrives. Once the car arrives, the rider can look to their right, left, foward and backwards. If there is no car there, or approaching, they can call the driver. If a rider feels a cancellation charge was incorrectly billed, they can easily request and recieve reimbursement if it wasn't blatantly obvious they kept the driver waiting.
The problem is when riders use the two minutes to finish brushing their teeth, applying makeup, etc... It's not for that on pool.
Basically, when you make a pool driver wait, your also potentially making another rider wait. Uber hates that as it validates some of the drivers' complaints about pool and ratings.
So, yes, the clock starts at 100 feet away from the riders entered coordinate. It doesn't wait for the GPS screen to close and the Uber screen to load. Two minutes is two minutes.
If you can't be outside, ready to ride, good luck. You deserve to be canceled and charged. You play with poo, it's going to stink.

Exactly, the only thing being "stolen" is a drivers time (and money) with poo.
Definitely not starting at 100ft away which is why I noticed. This is not a complaint, just an observation. Pool, the timer, and Uber can all go F themselves :))

·
Registered
132 Posts
Anyone doing these pool rides are either desperate or completely out of their mind. A bunch of extra driving and stopping for some garbage fair. Absolutely no advantage what so ever to the driver and only to the pocket of the cheap passenger.

1,528 Posts
thats called payback :D

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
Only problem is that's poo central. Temple students are cheap af and love poo. Hightail it down broad st and gtfo the poo zone
I don't get that many poo pings... This is my second one today.... You can't control where you end up with drop off... I'm killing it

Map World Slope Font Circle

Kicked these kids out for having trying to stuff 5 in my car

Communication Device Font Portable communications device Gadget Screenshot

·
Premium Member
5,537 Posts
I haven't been getting many either lately. I think the algos get the hint if you ignore as many as we do.

It's too bad Andrew didn't get me. Those are my favorite because I drive a minivan and that fare adjustment is the sweetest revenge on the system gaming cheapo pax who pull that low rent bs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts