Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone considered placing an uber sign a la taxi style on the roof??

Will rta/ transport fine you? If so how much?

Suppose there is the risk of illegal pickup of pax fines as not legal...

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts

It would draw attention of rangers, police and what purpose would it serve? If a PAX is standing next to you and books, you'll be unlikely to get the ping as you're within 100meters.

If you're caught touting for fares, by p2p authority, the fine is hefty, around $50k I think.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
It would draw attention of rangers, police and what purpose would it serve? If a PAX is standing next to you and books, you'll be unlikely to get the ping as you're within 100meters.

If you're caught touting for fares, by p2p authority, the fine is hefty, around $50k I think.
what has 100m proximity got to do with receiving a ping ??

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
what has 100m proximity got to do with receiving a ping ??
If you have ever ended a trip, and a friend of the PAX says, oh, I need to book an Uber somewhere now, let's see if I get you... does it often work? In my experience it avoids a very nearby driver. In a few drivers experience, Uber avoids matching you as your close and it could be a scam/cash/arrangement. If there are no other Uber's around, then it might go to you.

Of course the Al-Gore-Rythm, is always changing. Also the batching matching thing would average out pickup times, not always making it faster :eek:-o:

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
If you have ever ended a trip, and a friend of the PAX says, oh, I need to book an Uber somewhere now, let's see if I get you... does it often work? In my experience it avoids a very nearby driver. In a few drivers experience, Uber avoids matching you as your close and it could be a scam/cash/arrangement. If there are no other Uber's around, then it might go to you.

Of course the Al-Gore-Rythm, is always changing. Also the batching matching thing would average out pickup times, not always making it faster :eek:-o:
If the Pax is in your car, how is it a "scam/cash/arrangement "
The pre-booked FUber trips I do are all on the books and the Pax usually gets me 19 times out of 20.
If it was a cash trip there would be no need to use FUber.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts

OK, my experience is quite the opposite......must just be lucky

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts

Not sure why on earth you would want to do that but that's not important. You should totally do it .
Your 'Cool Car' badges would go through the roof. That alone would be worth it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wouldn't touch it. I too saw it yesterday and thought that the person doing it was risking a big fine for touting fares. May as well draw a target on your forehead!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
From the point to point regs:

All vehicles providing point to point transport services that are not taxis cannot have any signs, lights or marking that would lead someone to believe it's a taxi.
IMO putting a sign on the roof would potentially lead some people to believe your car is a taxi, even if the sign say's "Uber".

Apart from that, if people recognise that you're not actually a taxi, they will just think you're a muppet.

·
Premium Member
10,708 Posts
From the point to point regs:

IMO putting a sign on the roof would potentially lead some people to believe your car is a taxi, even if the sign say's "Uber".

Apart from that, if people recognise that you're not actually a taxi, they will just think you're a muppet.
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

This was an unusual non-taxi sign I spotted on a courier car (in Canberra).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.