Votes: 29 43.9%
  • no

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • never going to happen

Votes: 31 47.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the people would pay A minimum fare increase to $10 with little conplaints.
Also raise the idle time to $.78 minute and automatic no show after 5 minutes closes the trip.
Raise road rate to 1.48 per mile and add tip option..Uber would make tons of money
drivers are happy and get rid of the trash or pax that keep you waiting.
Uber thinks they have competion with lyft, but its not true..Uber has the name already like googe seach engine.
dont miss out uber this is your chance to make the big move.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
-$10 minimum fare is a big jump from $5. I think $7 or $8 would be a good, fair jump.
-$1.48 per mile would be sweet, as would .78/minute but that would be a huge jump for some markets, too. I think a 15% increase across all markets would be fair.
-No way is the auto cancel at 5 minutes a good idea. We can sometimes extend leeway to pax that we wish to do so and should be able to when we feel it is right.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Won't happen. Uber doesn't care about long rides since it is one out of 5 rides.

So what do they do? They try to bank on the short rides. With the SRF and their cut, they are getting 50 percent of the fair.

To get more short rides, they keep fares low. They basically want Uber users to use Uber to pick up groceries, lazy to walk down the street, bar hop, etc... They want to be the car replacement.

They never looked after their drivers interest. It's all about the bottom line to profits.

If we are talking about wishful thinking, of course it would be great. Never happen though!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Plenty of trash walking around with plenty of money. It's the broke jokers that know more about persoanl consequences than most.

Uber does not give a shit about how much the driver makes. All they want to do is build a network to get as many people using Uber so when they launch autonomous they have a huge customer base then they take in 100%

Uber isn't broke and they have plenty of money to keep growing the user base..

They're paying drivers just enough to get em to do it.

They'd rather to do 20 fares for the same cost as 1 .. More fares = more customers getting used to and relying on Uber.

If you can't see that then you have blinders on.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
If Uber gave any ****s they would charge a rider $1.50 SRF for each 5 star rating. That $1.50 would go to the driver. Yea now the god damn "tip" has been bolted on.

If the pax rated 1-4 its $2 to Uber for insurance purposes lol Uber: we need 50/cents more to develop better safety features for the app another lol

How many of these people would swap aa 3 out for a 5 because saving 50 cents is more important to them than their "whatever idiotic reason they won't give 5 stars for a safe trip A to B"

SRF is such a scam. Offset to the passenger. Typical "shared economy" fee tactic to cover expenses eithba business with such high volume. $1.xx adds up when multiplied by millions.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
SRF is the problem here.

SRF is the tool for Uber to steal from us.

SRF must be eliminated. Once it is eliminated, a true revenue sharing model will bring in the right price to the service we offer.

When Uber discovered that they have reduced fares to ridiculous levels and even they were not making money, instead of increasing the fares, they increased a component of the fare they don't share with the driver: the SRF.

SRF is a scam.

It is a theft.

At least the way Uber does it is theft.

Lyft does it the right way - takes it directly from pax without nixing it with the fare they announce and display.

Too bad Lyft is the smaller player and Uber is crushing them everywhere.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
They're paying drivers just enough to get em to do it.

They'd rather to do 20 fares for the same cost as 1 .. More fares = more customers getting used to and relying on Uber.

If you can't see that then you have blinders on.
That's the rational way for the company to operate. It's just like amazon has done for many years- focus on amassing zillions of loyal customers over making a profit. It's worked very well for them.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I know the people would pay A minimum fare increase to $10 with little conplaints.
Also raise the idle time to $.78 minute and automatic no show after 5 minutes closes the trip.
Raise road rate to 1.48 per mile and add tip option..Uber would make tons of money
drivers are happy and get rid of the trash or pax that keep you waiting.
Uber thinks they have competion with lyft, but its not true..Uber has the name already like googe seach engine.
dont miss out uber this is your chance to make the big move.
They are priced to avoid disruption. They don't make money so much as leverage investment dollars from kind people like Goldman Sachs, the ultimate aim for that investment money is to develop new technology.

They can afford to keep prices low, protect themselves from disruption (competition - antitrust issues) because they do not own the cars. I'm not sure they ever openly discuss that driver incur expenses at all. Uber drivers return revenue, but they are not concerned with operational costs of the fleet. They make their 20 or 25%, their focus is on remaining ubiquitous. Uber needs that app on everyones phone. That is valuable in and of itself. Go watch some videos of Kalanick giving talks. He is a student of peoples habits, patterns and behaviors.

Uber is not a means to an end for Kalanick though he may talk that way. Kalanick is about owning ideas, controlling those ideas and making money off them. It is highly possible that Uber is a kind of fancy Ponzi scheme intended to serve other needs in a clever way. Look at his past and how Venture Capitalists work.

Just a hunch.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
If you want higher rates, drive for UberBlack or SUV.

UberX is never going to be profitable for the driver.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Problem I have with UBER's minimum is that it doesn't take in account the deadhead to reach the customer. I have lost track of the times I have driven ten plus minutes to pick up $4 net rider. Last week, I had three minimum drives back to back over a 90 minute period... for a total hourly rate $10 an hour. I'm all in favor of a $8 minimum. As that would at least help. I would also recommend charging the clients to cancel after 3 minutes, as I'm tired of driving nearly 5 minutes, and having the ride cxl.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Exactly! Right now there is almost zero incentive to go those many miles. After your car has done 2-3k dead miles and got zip for it, you realize it's not worth it.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Dude. UberX is FOR the trash!

Go Black with the $15 minimum.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Nope. I drive X. I drive trash. We don't have select, black, suv or anything nice here. Will upgrade to XL when I can.

If they raise the rates, more driver saturation, fewer pings.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts