Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a ten dollar cash tip yesterday but the guy thinks it's wrong there's no tip option. And the truth is most riders think it's built in. This is not right. Even some pax think it's bs. You're doing a service. Uber needs to change this. There's no reason not to have this tool.

I know, there's a square card reader. But this is about ethics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Got a ten dollar cash tip yesterday but the guy thinks it's wrong there's no tip option. And the truth is most riders think it's built in. This is not right. Even some pax think it's bs. You're doing a service. Uber needs to change this. There's no reason not to have this tool.

That is a huge complaint from so many people so I'm not understanding why they do not add the option on app. Does Uber respond to the numerous complaints?

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts

You are owner renting your vehicle not employee. Do you tip your landlord? Why not if he provides a good service...say 20%

·
Registered
19 Posts
They should, but it's not going to happen. It's probably the number one complaint from drivers. I have numerous pax that say they would tip if it was there too. I occasionally get cash, but its rare. Most pax now are just in the mind set of not tipping. The ones that are willing just don't have cash.

·
Registered
32 Posts
They should, but it's not going to happen. It's probably the number one complaint from drivers. I have numerous pax that say they would tip if it was there too. I occasionally get cash, but its rare. Most pax now are just in the mind set of not tipping. The ones that are willing just don't have cash.
Wow so Uber simply refuses! Great way to keep driver's

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been driving for Uber for almost two years. When I started there was a lot more money to be made. The surge was very good at times. I didn't mind as much when someone didn't tip. Now the earnings are very low and surge is harder to come by. It would be nice to get a tip. Having the option in the app would definitely help.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Lyft just came into my market. In less than 3 weeks and barely 40 rides, I've gotten more tips than all of my uber rides (over 1000) combined. How pathetic of uber. And it's why I will not hesitate to cancel an uber ride I'm on my way to for an incoming Lyft request.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
There is a whole forum here for complaining and bragging about tips!
He doesn't realize that so he posts another worthless thread in ADVICE.........man I wish he would actually research these boards before posting another asinine thread.......like before he posted another thread asking if the tip was included....then when many responses were no he actually argued the point "cuz my dad's friend said it was"........stupid

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
You are owner renting your vehicle not employee. Do you tip your landlord? Why not if he provides a good service...say 20%
If the landlord paid for my electric, water, sewer, cable, internet service, came over and and cleaned the house and did all the lanscaping, cut the grass, shoveled all tje dog shit in the back yard... i would most definitely tip!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Possibly the dumbest comparison I have every heard! We are in the service industry renting homes is not. Not to mention if you are a driver you don't want tips???

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
There is a tipping option and your pax utilized it by giving you $10 cash.

You are an independent contractor, you have options. Get a square card reader so you can accept credit card tips. BOOM, now you have TWO tipping options and you didn't have to wait for Uber to lift a finger. Get a square NFC reader, POW, now you can accept Apple Pay and Android Pay. Upgrade to the chip reader...

SHAZAM!

Now you have FIVE tipping options.

Get Venmo and now you've got Options for days!

Without having to wait for Uber to do a damn thing. You are the business owner, operate your business to your max potential.

Never rely on others to do it for you!

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Unadulterated bull dookie! Drivers are independent contractors providing a SERVICE...a ride service. If you were "renting" your vehicle, someone else would be driving, like on Turo. All retail service providers get tipped including delivery people (pizza, groceries, etc) food servers, barbers, gardeners, landscapers and (ahem) cabbies.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Checkpoint summary:
  • Most, but not all, drivers believe they should be tipped, but Uber will never implement unless too many drivers start leaving for Lyft, etc.
  • Putting up a tasteful (or funny) sign in your car may increase tips.
  • There are many free ways to receive tips: cash, Venmo, Google Wallet, and possibly Apple-pay, Android-pay
  • For a small percentage, you can accept most credit cards: https://squareup.com/reader and http://freereader.payanywhere.com/ (iPhone)
  • Include all non-cash tips in your taxable earnings (the IRS can easily access the records)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts