Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are not freaking Taxi drivers and we aren't google map either.
I'll give you fair service. Would take you to your destination safely. But please respect us and its my car you are messing with. Stop being an assh***

#FFS!

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Uber educating its pax? Why would they do that? They want the pax to think they're entitled to everything - know where to pick them up despite bad pin drop, allow more pax than available seatbelts, know every single road and shortcut in your state, mints, water, etc. At the end of the day, all they care about is money. Education is a good idea in theory, but driver happiness doesn't concern them in the least bit.

·
Registered
703 Posts
If you have eaten off a food truck you would know that it's not much different than a restaurant in its business structure.Uber is neither the two but simply an app like yelp or similar which connects a hungry person to the nearest food truck available in the area,it doesn't tell u what to order and how much to order and whether to sit or squat on the sidewalk while u munch.But if u happen to find a hair in your meal you can report it through the rating system and the food truck will be replaced by another desperate wannabe chef wanting to invest all he can to take the spot. Now imagine the app taking 20% out of each recommedation it made without having any direct involvement...and has the business at its mercy for a shutdown. Also remember it is us that choose to drive our own car on this platform with random general public in it, don't expect these people to care about you or your car. I don't know what the **** made me bring a food truck in here,but hopefully you get the point.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
All the things the riders do that you don't like fall under common sense, so attempting to educate them won't work. Riders shouldn't have to be told that it works best if they enter the correct pickup and destination addresses, are ready to go when the driver arrives, don't treat the driver like their personal butler, don't expect the driver to know every street and building within 100 miles, and so on.

·
Registered
703 Posts
IF uber wanted to educate the rider it would program the app to have certain limitations for the riders to abide. If you couldn't request the ride without a specified address,wrong pickup pin would result in a penalty,etc etc, a person learns through pain more easily than any amount of instruction manuals

1 - 12 of 12 Posts