Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking about it..
I don't mind $1KM at all.
It isn't a full time gig, it is a part time hobby for a bit of extra cash and a way to build social skills etc.

I think in order to weed out some more full timers and truly make it ride sharing it should be changed to 80C per KM.

Given it costs about 50C per KM to run the business. 30C per KM would be your profit before tax when driving, which sounds fair enough :) Then people would come on for surge, and that is when rides are needed.

The minimum fare should be $8 though. But 80c per KM would be fair.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I
Just thinking about it..
It isn't a full time gig, it is a part time hobby for a bit of extra cash and a way to build social skills etc.

I think in order to weed out some more full timers and truly make it ride sharing it should be changed to 80C per KM.

Given it costs about 50C per KM to run the business. 30C per KM would be your profit before tax when driving, which sounds fair enough :) Then people would come on for surge, and that is when rides are needed.

Guess the price per km wouldn't matter much to you since you hide around the corner to collect cancellation fees....lol

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
Just thinking about it..

I don't know that Uber is going to help too much with your social skills tbh. If $0.80/km is enough, then why don't you donate $0.20/km to charity while everyone else stays on $1.00/km? Think of all the five star ratings you'll get when you tell customers you donate 1/5th of your revenue to charity? ;) And don't forget that donations to DGRs are tax deductible!

·
Registered
803 Posts
You are lucky, at 0.80/km you are making $1.28/mile, that is better than almost anywhere in the USA. We have places that make less than $0.80/MILE which is less than $0.50/km!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know that Uber is going to help too much with your social skills tbh. If $0.80/km is enough, then why don't you donate $0.20/km to charity while everyone else stays on $1.00/km? Think of all the five star ratings you'll get when you tell customers you donate 1/5th of your revenue to charity? ;) And don't forget that donations to DGRs are tax deductible!
I am a charity.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Oh it's that guy..... Yeah really doesn't make sense does it. Worked crazy long hours with little sleep to make money, but wants to lower rates as people shouldn't be doing it full time. What the hell do you call that weekend then!?

The rate cut will come, it's the Uber way. Let's hope it's a while away though.

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
Oh it's that guy..... Yeah really doesn't make sense does it. Worked crazy long hours with little sleep to make money, but wants to lower rates as people shouldn't be doing it full time. What the hell do you call that weekend then!?

The rate cut will come, it's the Uber way. Let's hope it's a while away though.
I would be surprised if we saw a rate cut in Perth before the new year. We have had drivers drop out since the 4th of July (when the new wa.gov policy started), and they're also collecting 25% from new drivers. Lowering rates again now will reduce driver sign-ups and increase drop-outs even further and probably see a mismatch in supply and demand.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.