Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a friendly advice. For those of you who want to switch to select, it's not worth it. Don't let anybody fool you. Yes you'll drive a little bit less than with X but you're not guaranteed to make more money than an X driver. My home does X and he averages around $800 a week meanwhile I average $650. You could wait 2 to 3 hours before getting a pin with select. And that drive might be a $10 drive after uber deduction $6.48. Plus you'll have a huge car loan and cost of maintenance for a luxury vehicle is a pain in the ass. I'm learning from my mistake do not. Not switch to select. More so uber wouldn't allow cars like the C- class, A3, A4, CLA, 3-series etc in the select platform. Only cars allowed cost around $40k +. Good luck

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I was one of the lucky ones who never had to drive UberX. I told them straight off I was only interested in driving UberSelect and they gave me logons for both services. The only time I considered driving UberX is when both X and Select are surging. In that case, there's almost zero chance of getting a Select Pax and if X is surging 2.5 then the money is about the same as regular Select rates.

Then yesterday, I'm 1st in the queue at PBI and get a ping. I call the guy because the last one from there was at the departure level (not so crowded he said) so you really need to know exactly where they are. He says what's up with the App, it says it will cost him $150 to go to Stuart. He says he's a newbie and thought it would be about $50.

I'm thinking this is the typical newbie that hit UberSelect thinking he was selecting Uber. I'm now thinking I gotta get at least the $10 minimum out of this as I'm now out of the PBI queue so I tell him we'll work it out when I get there. So he's not there and the cop makes me go around. I call and he's waiting for his bags. I go around 3 times. I hit Arrived when I first got to the pin. I could have canceled and got my $10 after the 1st 5 minutes but I got to thinking: I sorta wanted to go to the beach in Jupiter as the turtles are laying eggs and I want to see that. So I got this idea. I picked him up and took him off the airport to the Marriott. That trip cost $13. Then I showed him how to use the app and to select UberX this time. I logged off Select and onto my UberX account, had him ping from my back seat and of course I got the Pax. I took him home 40 miles and got $46 in addition to the $13. He was good with that. I saw a turtle on the beach.

I wouldn't have done it if i hadn't wanted to go to Jupiter anyways. I would have canceled him after 5 minutes and got my $10. This may be the only time I will ever drive UberX. 80 miles on my car and 2 hours spent for $36 net?

I think this insanity will work out after the crooked owners get their IPO money and someone starts running the company to make a profit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts