Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Always sober and safe driving when behind the wheel. My goofy ass don't need drugs to get a "high" rating from my riders

·
Registered
603 Posts
Uber select is actually clutch af
I concur somewhat. While the upgrade of luxuriousness does qualify the vehicle as being "clutch," I've not yet experienced such luxury and quality service to consider it "clutch af," imho.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I concur somewhat. While the upgrade of luxuriousness does qualify the vehicle as being "clutch," I've not yet experienced such luxury and quality service to consider it "clutch af," imho.
I have had some non clutch af experiences on slecet but some clutch rides. Uber black is much better tho

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
I don't know, they get a clutch ride with me. I have a large leather filled sedan, plenty of room, spotless inside, pax still comment on it smelling new and it's 2 years old. I think some folks are turned off by select because they allow small infiniti's and BMW 3 series to qualify but they don't have a back seat large enough to handle 3 people comfortably and give some leg room.

Like the new simian pic Lag Monkey, looks like you've gotten a trim, taken off the dirty uniform and brushed your teeth. Your stars will be shooting up!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Agreed I ave taken three uber select rides and all three were worst experiences than an X ride. Old smelly BMX, old Lexus with cracked leather and a Arcadia with cloth seats base model bench seats. Other additional was offered, candy, water ect. Ubers definition of luxury is quiet different that mine!

·
Registered
280 Posts
On another note I was in Cary last night at a pary in a multimillion dollar neighborhood and I was telling a few folks about uber and showing them how to use it especially uber select! Since most used white horse. I was blown away when I opened the app and there was no select option! So uber is marketing select to as an option for people to avoid surge pricing downtown and restricting it from people that can afford and would want a luxury option. I tried to contact one of the ops managers but still trying to get pass the csr zombies with their canned responses. I think I will be retiring my luxury car from uber select after Halloween and getting a old base model ride and go back to X only!

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
On another note I was in Cary last night at a pary in a multimillion dollar neighborhood and I was telling a few folks about uber and showing them how to use it especially uber select! Since most used white horse. I was blown away when I opened the app and there was no select option! So uber is marketing select to as an option for people to avoid surge pricing downtown and restricting it from people that can afford and would want a luxury option. I tried to contact one of the ops managers but still trying to get pass the csr zombies with their canned responses. I think I will be retiring my luxury car from uber select after Halloween and getting a old base model ride and go back to X only!
I think I provide a much better Select experience than you've gotten. I have a late model full size sedan, clean and tight with leather seats, people regularly compliment me.

The lack of Select in some areas sucks. Uber sent out an email to us some time ago and cut the region select was offered to the central area where they offer service, roughly 5 or so miles on either side of I40. This was done to cut down on call length so we didn't get 20 minute calls to the boonies (which I think people were rejecting) BUT also cuts out some nice areas of Cary and Wakefield.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don't get why a driver would cancel. Uber XL has the same long range and they use twice the gas to out there. I would drive 20 mins for double the fare on select and most times they are not doing a 5 min trip. I got some good rides from Apex, Fuquay, knightdale,Clayton on Select late at night or early morning when they were no other cars in range. I have the same the same setup with my select car fully loaded but without any quality control on ubers part its a crap shoot.

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
I don't get why a driver would cancel. Uber XL has the same long range and they use twice the gas to out there. I would drive 20 mins for double the fare on select and most times they are not doing a 5 min trip. I got some good rides from Apex, Fuquay, knightdale,Clayton on Select late at night or early morning when they were no other cars in range. I have the same the same setup with my select car fully loaded but without any quality control on ubers part its a crap shoot.
I don't understand how you are getting select rides in Fuquay or Clayton, there's no select service there.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Before they they restricted select I was getting those lop trips from those rural areas due to the lack of cars out there so I have seen my select earnings drop drastically.Not its $10.00 min fare trips down glenwood.

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
Before they they restricted select I was getting those lop trips from those rural areas due to the lack of cars out there so I have seen my select earnings drop drastically.Not its $10.00 min fare trips down glenwood.
Got it, yes, same here, lots of $10.00 trips. It's sad that these days I get excited about a $25 trip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts