Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody

I've been doing uber for about 3 weeks now and I liked it but I haven't had a lot of uber select requests as I thought I would. Anybody has any recommendations where to go? I live in Seminole county and so far I have done 3 uber selects

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
for starters I would guess Uber requests are about 60% X, 30%XL, and 10% Select, most drivers catch on faster than you and quit because they realize Uber is exploiting them and 65 cents less 25%, 49 cents a mile is NOT making money but only driving people around for free. So as drivers quit as fast as they were starting Uber decided a good way to keep a lot of them would be to allow their OK not luxury car accept Select request. If you look at the rider app you will see more Select cars sitting around than X. In short Uber is a scam, drivers don't make money, Uber makes billions.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I talked to a driver driving his 2015 Camry on X and select. He said he might get 1 select request a day if he's lucky.

Doing select and X with a Camry is not as embarrassing as people driving around in their brand new Mercedes doing select and X, lol.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
maybe I'll put my yellow Camry on my list as a select only account....

Nahh still not worth it....

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Hey! I thought I was the only one with a yellow Camry !!
It also has a black stripe on the side and a triangle dome light on the roof.. and custom stickers...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I talked to a driver driving his 2015 Camry on X and select. He said he might get 1 select request a day if he's lucky.

Doing select and X with a Camry is not as embarrassing as people driving around in their brand new Mercedes doing select and X, lol.
I'd be pissed if the car was a Camry lol or portably I would cancel it. Well I don't usually drive at all and I just do it at night on the weekend just to have some extra money

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
The Camry being on the Select list is a travesty...
Sure they are nice cars... but putting them on the same level as select is utter crap.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
took a Select trip yesterday, the rider said he cancels more than he actually takes and defaults to XL, so he orders a select and Pablo shows up driving a Ford Flex so he cancels and orders a XL, sometimes he gets the same car and said he has no problem telling the driver that he's not paying extra for an average car, I told him that I don't take XL request, he said ..don't blame ya, he also tips on every ride. when my Yukon showed he said awesome and went with it, we had a great convo about Uber and he got my # and tipped me $20 on a $35 ride, he said if the car and driver are just OK he tips $5 to $10 and he had only tipped $20 one other time and he would move me into the #1 spot on his rotation, he lives close by so this may get me out more often, it's nice to see that some riders get it = Uber is killing Select with crap cars

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts
I ordered Select once... And a Chevy Malibu was the car that accepted the call. I called the driver and asked if maybe she had multiple vehicles on her account and she said no. I told her that I ordered a Select vehicle and she said that she was select. I told her that in my view that was not select so that I would have to cancel it. I requested select again and a Black Cadillac showed up.
The driver was really cool. I told him that I also drive and he mentioned that I should go to Uberpeople.net and have been coming to this site ever since.
I gave him a $20.00 and he was super happy.

#UberOn

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts
Hello everybody

I've been doing uber for about 3 weeks now and I liked it but I haven't had a lot of uber select requests as I thought I would. Anybody has any recommendations where to go? I live in Seminole county and so far I have done 3 uber selects
took a Select trip yesterday, the rider said he cancels more than he actually takes and defaults to XL, so he orders a select and Pablo shows up driving a Ford Flex so he cancels and orders a XL, sometimes he gets the same car and said he has no problem telling the driver that he's not paying extra for an average car, I told him that I don't take XL request, he said ..don't blame ya, he also tips on every ride. when my Yukon showed he said awesome and went with it, we had a great convo about Uber and he got my # and tipped me $20 on a $35 ride, he said if the car and driver are just OK he tips $5 to $10 and he had only tipped $20 one other time and he would move me into the #1 spot on his rotation, he lives close by so this may get me out more often, it's nice to see that some riders get it = Uber is killing Select with crap cars
This passenger gets it.
Shine, why are you so hard on Pablo?

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
I ordered Select once... And a Chevy Malibu was the car that accepted the call. I called the driver and asked if maybe she had multiple vehicles on her account and she said no. I told her that I ordered a Select vehicle and she said that she was select. I told her that in my view that was not select so that I would have to cancel it. I requested select again and a Black Cadillac showed up.
The driver was really cool. I told him that I also drive and he mentioned that I should go to Uberpeople.net and have been coming to this site ever since.
I gave him a $20.00 and he was super happy.

#UberOn
I call BS....

You're a driver and you had a $20... come on now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts