Thanks for the reply.. the car is a great deal as long as I keep it under 1800 miles a month. I would park it before I give them a dime for over mileage. For a few months when I was younger I did limo/towncar/s-class rides but sold the vehicles very quickly for fear of regulations. I was pretty much uber selecting in an S500 before uber was a thing.. but I had to shut down because that type of thing was frowned upon years ago. Now everyone and their grandmother, literally, is doing it. The only thing I'm interested in would be a nicer car and doing something similar with uber.
If you're planning on driving Uber as a full-time gig and have no other source of income, you are going to lose money doing what you describe above.
First, only around 5% of your rides will be UberSELECT (if that many, based on accepting all ride requests). The other 95% will be UberX - and pay you only around $0.50/mi BEFORE your expenses for fuel/insurance/taxes/tags/repair/maintenance... more like $0.20/mi - $0.25/mi after all expenses. And that's only for the PAID mjles. You WILL drive more than 3 miles to get paid for one mile - when you are driving UberSELECT. A new or relatively new 'select' vehicle (even an entry level one like a Mercedes C300) will cost you a LOT more than that to drive.
Second, 1,800 miles a month isn't nearly enough miles to cover driving Uber/Lyft full-time. It's easy for even part-time drivers to drive 1,000 miles per week (over 4,300 miles per month).
I'm not kidding you... read through the topics here and you will find hundreds of other experienced drivers telling you the same thing I'm telling you - and hundreds of others drivers who failed to heed the warnings, reported how 'great' driving was after their first two days, and then returned here to tell us how they ended up worse off than when they started and how they wished they had listened.
What you have to understand is that you can do a SELECT ride in your brand new Mercedes that you are paying $800/mo to lease - and I can do the exact same ride in my 10 year old Mercedes that I paid $9,000 for in cash and owe nothing on... and you won't earn a single penny more than I did.
More importantly, there are 10 times more UberXL rides available than UberSELECT.
So if you want to go the UberSELECT route, then you'd be making a huge mistake not to get a vehicle that qualifies for both XL and SELECT.