Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Wow.. Glados and Claw Dogs are both here.. yet they do not recite Uber policy, like:

professionalism.jpg

Oh wait, I get it...
wait till that article hooks new drivers, THEN hit them up with those policies...
after they helped Uber make some money...

Reactions: Ziggy

·
Registered
246 Posts
Oh wait, I get it...
wait till that article hooks new drivers, THEN hit them up with those policies...
after they helped Uber make some money...
View attachment 13751
It worked for Gavin Escolar with low key marketing, letting the potential customer start the conversation and accurately gauging the potential customers interest so that no one will complain about the marketing. It takes soft people skills and restraint to use this approach. On the other hand, I expect that those drivers who generate enough complaints about their promotion of other businesses will find the policy used against them.

A driver who does receive a warning for talking about another business can now at least refer to the Forbes article and also mention how he/she always tries to keep the marketing low key, just like Gavin Escolar does.

·
Registered
946 Posts
It worked for Gavin Escolar with low key marketing, letting the potential customer start the conversation and accurately gauging the potential customers interest so that no one will complain about the marketing. It takes soft people skills and restraint to use this approach. On the other hand, I expect that those drivers who generate enough complaints about their promotion of other businesses will find the policy used against them.

A driver who does receive a warning for talking about another business can now at least refer to the Forbes article and also mention how he/she always tries to keep the marketing low key, just like Gavin Escolar does.
I've had that 'warning' a few times and I do not even have a side business, nor have ever tried to sell or offer anything during the ride..
I guess it depends on how the pax words things and how Uber CSRs interpret them. Gauging by past interactions, I am not surprised if they misinterpret complaints often.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts