Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber screws us again. They pulled a 20 percent decrease in fairs this weekend when we had two major concerts and another comedian at the convention center Plus tons of weddings and bachelorette parties. Lost over $100 per day because of these ********. Now they are making it permanent so it's impossible to actually make any money with overhead.

There was absolutely no reason for this decrease in pairs because there is no competition whatsoever here. We need Lyft or somebody else to give Uber a kick in the ass here

·
24,240 Posts
What is the per/mile rate in Charleston, South Carolina these days?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts

·
24,240 Posts
.......and the fares are going to be reduced from the quoted figures, or those are the already reduced fares? I have seen it more than once where the fares quoted on Uber's website are not quite up to date or do not reflect what Uber labels a "temporary" or "experimental" reduction that it has every intention of making permanent.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
.......and the fares are going to be reduced from the quoted figures, or those are the already reduced fares? I have seen it more than once where the fares quoted on Uber's website are not quite up to date or do not reflect what Uber labels a "temporary" or "experimental" reduction that it has every intention of making permanent.
If I had to take a guess... and since I'm not from SC myself... I'd say the figures on the Uber.com website I posted above are probably showing higher than to what they've been slashed.

I mean, $1.50 base AND $1.25 per mile?! That's way too good for drivers. The UberGods are probably going down.

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
Those are current uberx rates in charleston. The per mile charge is still decent compared to some markets.

I checked the rates on uber riders app... Just scroll the map to charleston.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Those are current uberx rates in charleston. The per mile charge is still decent compared to some markets.
lol I need to move to Charleston, then. UberX here is running at $1 base + $0.10 per minute + $0.85 per mile.

·
24,240 Posts
Charleston, South Carolina is, indeed better than many markets, including those with a higher cost of living.

Reactions: Choochie

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
I checked the rates on uber riders app... Just scroll the map to charleston.
Now, go ahead and request a pick-up from an unsuspecting UberX driver and when he arrives at the location where you dropped the pin, tell him your actual location, then proceed to get mad at him for not showing up in Chicago, where you actually are, and then also tell him he cannot start the ride yet because you're not in the vehicle yet. :p:D:p:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Uber screws us again. They pulled a 20 percent decrease in fairs this weekend when we had two major concerts and another comedian at the convention center Plus tons of weddings and bachelorette parties. Lost over $100 per day because of these ********. Now they are making it permanent so it's impossible to actually make any money with overhead.

There was absolutely no reason for this decrease in pairs because there is no competition whatsoever here. We need Lyft or somebody else to give Uber a kick in the ass here
If Uber sucks so bad, May I suggest a career with Yellow Cab? They seem to have a lot of openings these days.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
:):):):)

They don't need a Kick they need somebody to bite them in the A$$.:))))

·
Registered
311 Posts
it's not 20%...that's what they told the passengers. it's actually about 28% on uber x rates.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ouch.. I have to drive 2-3 hours more to make same money as last month.
I never heard anyone complain about the rates. Only the surge pricing.

If they wanted to encourage longer rides then a discount on rate after 10 miles or such would have been a better solution.

I had an idea for surge, bit will not share, cuz I need to make some money somehow. The 3.0 surge now is like the old pricing...

·
Registered
73 Posts

Uber has absolutely no respect for their drivers. They do whatever they want to. There are already 6 law suits against them by drivers in Charleston County alone. Go down to the Clerk's office and look at them. It might give you some ideas.

And consider going to work for an upscale Limo company. They are hiring for the fall season and you'll make much more money working for a legitimate company without breaking the law.

PS: There is also at least one "class action" law suit by drivers agains Uber pending in Federal Courth

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
It's fares.... Fair's one thing it's not

1 - 17 of 17 Posts